f i f t e e n.

dear draco,

it has been a week since the battle of hogwarts. since you left. everyone's just kind of in a depressed state right now. luna lovegood told me writing a letter to you would help, because she did that when her mother passed away, but me? i don't know.

the weasely family is still mourning fred's death. harry and ginny have taken teddy lupin under their care. everyone's just kind of been closed up recently. espically me.

i miss you. i hope you're safe up there. you're probably looking down at me thinking I'm crazy for doing this. truth be told, i kept your letters. i read them every single day and i spray your perfume on my pillow so it's like you're right there with me.

it's been weird waking up to an empty bed. each day feels like the same day all over again. the locket you gave me before you passed is still on my neck. i honestly don't ever plan on taking it off.

ive been visting you every single day. i'm by your side from 5am to 10pm every day. i talk to you about my day because i know you'd wanna hear about my day. I'm still here. it is 1.45am as I'm writing this. i havent slept in a long time.

i know that before the battle, we both agreed that if something were to happen if one of us died, the other could move on. honestly? i thought I'd be the one to go. not you.

we're both misunderstood kids who don't fit in with society. but we had each other. " pansy was your first love but i intend to be your last." i remember i had said one night as we were cuddling. we were supposed to start a life together. there was supposed to be a little you and a little me running around someday.

i wish harry had kept the resurrection stone so that we could say a proper goodbye.

[later that night]

i'm in bed. it's 4.15am. i cant sleep. i've been thinking about you. i was going through the book you made for me on our one year anniversary. i dont recognise the girl in those photos anymore. it seems like it was all a dream. i shouldve spent more time with you. i'm sorry for leaving you for girls nights. i'm sorry you grew up in a toxic household and was never taught the value of love. i'm sorry that i didn't get a chance to tell you i love you.

[time skip to 5.40am]<narrator's pov>

draco's ghost goes to her bedroom. she's busy sobbing.

she smells him and looks up after 3 hours of burying her face in her pillow. her pillow is soaked with tears.

"draco." she sees him and a waterfall of tears begin to stream down her face.
"hello love. i came to say goodbye. you need to sleep." he kneels down, and her face and his face are now centimetres away from one another. he wipes away her tears and kisses her cheek.
"can you stay till I fall asleep?" she asks through uncontrollable tears.

he joins her in her bed and the two cuddle. she cried herself to sleep, burying her head in his chest as he strokes her hair, giving her forehead kisses.

he takes off his ring, placing it on her finger.

she had finally fallen asleep, one arm over him. he knew now what he had to do.

with a heavy heart, he kissed her blossom soft lips, squeezing her hand as he did so. he pulled the covers over her and put her head on her pillow, flipping it over to the dry side.

"i love you too." he whispered.