Chapter 3

After school, I walked Jasmine(my best friend in the whole wide world!) home, she lives on the other side of school. Which would take me a longer time to go home, but I don't care! We only have one class together, and I treasure every minute of it. I love seeing her, we don't really get to see each other often except for school.

"You going to work today?"

"Umm.. Yeah, but not until 4."

"Can you come to my house after your shift? I need help with the homework."

"Yeah sure! Only if your mom makes Filipino food!"

"Ok, I'll ask her!"

"Alright! I'm there!"

"Ok thanks! Bye!"

"Bye!" I then give her a big hug. And she walks into her house and I start walking away.

There was massive traffic on my way to work, especially in a small town like Delano, it was quite odd. But I have no time to complain, work starts in less than 10 minutes and I'm blocks away from Jack in the Box!

I walked in with just minutes to spare. I put on my cap, and headed towards the cash register. "Welcome to Jack in the Box, can I take your order?" I said with a big smile on my face. I had a good day in school, I'm getting paid this week and I'm going to Jasmine's to eat Filipino food! What more can I ask for?

...

After I finished my shift I went straight to my car, and I noticed that its low on gas, I headed towards the gas station across the street. I walked out of the car to pay for the gas.

When I walked out of the car, I noticed a guy hiding behind my car. I walked towards him and asked, "What are you doing?"

"Hiding!" He said in a low whisper, I noticed he had an accent. And he pulled me down to the ground next to him.

"From..?" I whispered back.

"The girls"

"Well I don't see any around."

"You're sure?"

"Yeah."

"Check again love! Please?"

"Umm.." I looked around checking every single block, and corners to see any girls. "Nope. You're all clear."

"Thanks love. Does this beautiful girl have a name?" He said with a smile. I couldn't help but blush.

"Yeah, it's Yoana"

"Yoana, that's a beautiful unique name!"

"Thanks, but it's a common name her in Delano."

"Oh, well it's still pretty unique, I have never heard of it in my life!"

"Oh, well thanks!" I was still blushing, I couldn't help it. He was cute, and no cute guy ever called me beautiful or loved my name.

"Umm.. Can I get a ride, I don't want to risk walking to my hotel again."

"Sure, what hotel are you staying at?"

"Best Western"

"Oh, it's only a block away!" We both hopped into the car and I drove off. It took me no longer than 2 minutes to take him to the hotel.

"Thanks!"

"No problem"

"Yeah, I'm Zayn by the way."

"Hello Zayn! What brings you to Delano?"

"Well me and a couple of my mates are having a U.S. tour, and decided to stop here for the next 3 days for our next concert in Los Angeles."

Then it hit me, he's from the boy band One Direction! But I can't make him think that I'm some crazy fan, I'm going to play it cool and act dumb. "You have an accent, where are you from?"

"Britain. And I can tell your not really American, you have an accent in your voice."

"Wow! You're British! I have never met someone British before! And yeah, I'm Mexican."

"Really? And I never really had a ful conversation with a pretty girl in a long time. You wanna come in?"

I was about to say yes, but I remembered about Jasmine, "Sorry, I can't. I have to go somewhere right after work."

Man I regret turning him down, but I told Jasmine that I was coming.