Chapter 29. Hurt Like Hell

Lu's POV

"Where are you going?" Kat murmured.

"I'll be back in a bit. Go back to sleep," I murmured. I kissed the top of her head.

Kat was so disoriented that she turned onto her side and fell back to sleep.

By tomorrow she may not even recall me leaving. I stuffed a blade in each boot. I grabbed two handguns and headed downstairs. I loaded both clips. I stuffed one of the guns in my gun holster under my leather and put the other one in the back of my jeans. I pulled my shirt over the gun that stuck out of my jeans' waistband and turned for the door.

Once I was in my car, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered as I backed out of the driveway.

"Hey, man, are you sure you don't want us to come with you?" Lyric asked.

"I can deal with Miguel on my own," I said. "I'll call you if I need to."

"Alright," Lyric sighed.

I hung the phone up and accelerated down the street. Miguel had moved after what happened, but I found out his location through some members of my gang.

The lights of the big house were off. I parked and walked across the street, slipping on a pair of black gloves. I took a bobby pin and shaped it quickly. I stuck it in the keyhole and opened the door. I walked over to the alarm and punched in his code before it could go off. I knew him well enough to know that he used the year he was born for almost all of his codes. My mother had been with him for a long time, and I was around them often at first.

The cops' new Miguel was second in command to a mob, so they wouldn't investigate too hard if he wound up dead. Most people didn't fuck with him. Of course, most people didn't mess with me either. I headed for the set of double doors, knowing it was most likely the master bedroom. I slowly opened the door and peeked in.

A woman with long brown hair was straddling him and bouncing up and down on him, screaming.

He reached up and slapped her across the face.

She moaned. "Oh fuck yeah, daddy."

"You like that, don't you, you dirty little slut," he grunted.

I tilted my head. I threw the door open. "Damn, just when I thought I had seen it all," I said.

The woman screamed and jumped off him, taking the blanket with her and holding it to her chest.

"That's fucking disgusting," I said. My eyes met my mother's.

Her eyes were wide with horror. "Oh, oh my god, baby. What are you doing here?"

"You little bastard!" Miguel shouted.

I looked myself over then back to him with an evil smile. "Little? I don't think so." I pulled my gun up.

"You're a piece of shit, kid, just like your old man. You got mommy problems? Boohoo, you little prick," Miguel sat up and reached for a gun.

"Who are you kidding? She's as dead as you."

Miguel stopped and looked up at me.

My gun was already aimed at his head.

"Lucifer, don't!" Mom shrieked.

I pulled the trigger. The gun went off and echoed in my ears. Blood splattered across the headboard of the bed and the wall. Miguel fell back onto the mattress. I turned and looked at my mom.

"God, you are going to hell," Mom murmured as she stared at her dead husband.

"Great, I'll see you there," I sneered.