Chapter 19. Act of Evil

Kat's POV

I threw open my car door but a hand reached out and slammed it shut. I gasped and spun around. 

Lu stared down at me as he backed me up against the car door. "We need to talk."

"No, I don't think so," I said as I tried to turn away from him.

He pulled me against him. "Oh really? I think we do."

"You looked pretty comfy with Lauren" I argued.

"Don't put that shit on me, Kat," he growled. He looked around and noticed a bunch of people were staring at us. "Get in the car," he said and pushed me toward the passenger side.

"What? No," I growled.

"Now," he growled back. 

I bowed my head and stomped around my car to the passenger side. I climbed inside next to Lu as he started the car. He backed it up and drove down the street. 

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To my house," he said. His eyes didn't leave the road.

I huffed and sat back against the seat. I crossed my arms over my chest. 

When we made it back to his house I noticed Carey was gone. 

"Where is Carey and the girls?"

"Some family New Years party," he muttered and shut the car off. He stuffed my key into the pocket of his jeans and climbed out of the car.

I rolled my eyes and climbed out of the car. 

We walked up the sidewalk silently. Once we were in the living room he turned to face me. 

"Why the hell are you acting like this?" He asked. "You have nothing to be jealous about."

"Oh. So, it's fine if you act crazy but I can't?" I challenged.

"She was asking me if I wanted to go out and I said no. I don't see how it would matter anyways. You don't even want to be with me, Kat. I don't think you know what the hell you want."

My lips parted. "W-what? What the hell made you think that?"

"Gee, I don't know. Maybe because of how secretive you're acting," he said.

I hadn't realized we were moving closer until we were chest to chest. "I'm not being secretive!"

"You are too! Ugh! This is exactly why I didn't want to get involved with you. Whatever the hell happened to you messed you up and you won't even tell me what it is. You freaked out when we were kissing. You got scared and told me to stop and I had barely even touched you."

My gaze fell to the floor. "So, you want to end it because I don't want to have sex?" When he didn't answer I looked up at him.

He was staring at me dumbfounded. He exhaled heavily and buried his face in his hands. He walked over to the couch and plopped down. He kept his hands over his face and rubbed fiercely. He dropped his hands and looked at me with frustration in his eyes.

"I wasn't even trying to have sex with you, Kat. I'll admit the kiss was getting heated but it wasn't my intention. I–" he stopped and knitted his eyebrows together. He swallowed hard. "Did Ty do something to you?" Lu's eyes became murderous. 

The oxygen escaped my lungs. "N-no." I shook my head. I stumbled backward.

Lu gritted his teeth as he followed after me.

My back hit a wall. I looked back at the wall then back to Lu. The answer was in his eyes. He knew now that it had to do with sex. I gave him too many hints.