Chapter 17: Understanding

Dani's P.O.V

It was three in the afternoon when I woke up but I was still tired. I went downstairs to look for Bryce. I found him sitting on the couch watching Spongebob. I laughed to myself.

"Enjoying that?" I said from behind the couch. "Of course" he said. I smiled. I think it was time to tell him about Maurice and I. Even though I wasn't in a relationship with either one of them, I think it was still best to tell him. I mean, I was staying at his house. I started the conversation off... Casual.

"So.. Heard from your parents" I said sitting next to him. "Yeah, I got a text from my dad around one today" he said. "Oh that's nice, when are they coming back?" I asked.

"Next week" he said. "I thought they are gonna be gone all year" I said. "Long story.." He replied. "Ahh, well umm.. Can we talk?" I asked.

"Sure, what's up?" He said. "We aren't seeing each other right? Just roomies.. With benefits." I asked. He laughed. "Yeah, no big deal. I really like you though but if you like someone else that's fine. I was just looking for a fling anyway." He said nonchalantly.

Well dang..

"So you understand if I like someone else? Or attracted to someone else?" I said. I can't say like because.. I liked the sex. Not him.. Yet.

"Sure thing" he said. I hugged him and kissed his cheek. "You sure?" I said again. He nodded and kissed me.

My phone started to vibrate and Maurice flashed across my screen. "Lemme take this" I said running upstairs.

"Yeah?" I said. "Yeah, he asked questions but I avoided them.. Well not exactly that just short answer" I said. "He said he just wanted a fling anyway" I said. "Nah, nothing long term" I assured him.

"Now? You aren't busy?" I asked. "Ok. Be over in a few. After we got off the phone, I did a sigh of relief.

I threw on my blue joggers, socks, Nike slides, and a crew neck. I did my hair in a messy bun, applied my make up, perfume, and jewelry and grabbed his keys from the night stand.

"Where you going?" Bryce asked. "Boss' " I said. "Ight, see you later" he said.

Maurice's P.O.V

I'm really feeling this chick Dani. She real chill, feisty, thick, and the sex game is GOOD ASFFFF.

I wasn't in love but I can sure see myself falling for ol girl. I haven't heard from Monica since last week.

What we had wasn't real. We were just fuck buddies to be honest. Nothing serious.. But me and Dani?! We could be something.

I heard my Ferrari pull in the drive and I jogged outside. She got out and that instantly put a smile on my face. "Hey, how are you?" She said hugging me. "Great now that you're here" I said. She smiled.

"So ol' dude took it well?" I said. She nodded. "I wasn't surprised cause like I said, nothing more than a fling" she said. I liked her. She was real chill.

"Want a drink?" I asked her. "Sure, got cranberry juice?" She asked. "Sure thing shawty" I said. I poured to glasses.

"Talked to Monica lately?" She asked. "No. Talked to Andrew?" I replied. "No. But my mom did.. They just cut things off completely. They decided not to have a custody battle because Ashley said she would stay over once a week" I said.

"That's good" I said sitting next to her. When she started playing with her thumbs, I just stared at her. I saw a girl that was hurt, betrayed, broken, and so fragile yet so... Steamy.

It was so mesmerizing. I pulled her into a hug. "What are you doing?" She said while giggling. "Hugging you.. You looked like you can use one" I said. I kissed her head.

We then moved to the couch and curled up together. Blocking out the world and all its worries.