Chapter 4: Soul Searching

Ashley's P.O.V

Today , I had to get Dani enrolled in school. Yep, she's staying with us now.. unfortunately. I ain't claiming her though. Just a family "friend". She so damn aggravating! All she talks about is her baby daddy/on-and-off boyfriend and how much Laura bitched.

"I'm finna start bitchin if you don't shut the hell up" I said eyeing her. She rolled her eyes and put her elbow on the arm rest. "Yo attitude fucked up babe" she said with a laugh. I'm really bout to go off. I turned the radio up to tune her ass out.

I got a call from Andrew. "Hello?" I said. "Yeah , it's in the fridge.. no , I thought you had it.. yes. Okay , K , yeah , K , make sure you burp her.. K , love you too" I said. I sighed. Lord , it was hard being a 20 year old mom, has a boyfriend but not married, no parents, but I have money at least. And a nice apartment.

When we arrived at the school I had JUST noticed what she had on. A white tank top , purple ,white, and gold Js , black suspenders, and black shorts. She was a fucking stripper in the making.

"If you gone be with me you gotta change your wardrobe baby girl" I said grabbing my purse. "You ain't my mama" she said rolling her yes and walking away. Jesus, I'm finna lose my religion. I counted to 100 while making my way to the school.

"Well, since you decided to bring yo ass here I am yo momma as of now and whenever you decide to leave, hopefully soon" I said. She laughed. "You crack me up Ashley" she said taking off her shades and putting them in her purse.

We went to the office to see what was up. "Hi , I'm Ashley King.. I'm trying to enroll my niece , she just transferred from Louisiana" I said. The lady nodded and gave me some papers.

I went to sit down and I thought Dani was following me but she was talking to a boy. "Already" I said to myself. Maybe we can grow together. And kinda get along with each other.

She laughed. "998".. "Thanks boo" the boy said. He left and she came together sit by me. I laughed. "Whats funny?" she said. "Ahh , nothing" I said. My phone ringed. It was probably Andrew.

"Yeah?" I said. "H-huh" I said dropping my pen. I ran outside and fumbled for my car keys. That was a call from the hospital. My sister Laura was rushed there immediately. They said it was a heart attack or something. I had to catch a flight to Louisiana ASAP.

Dani's P.O.V

"Ashley!" I screamed. She annoyed me so much. She thinks she's just so perfect and better than everyone else. If she knew what I knew she'll probably have a different mind set.

I ran outside after her. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" I screamed. "I don't have time for you your mom is in ICU and you need to get your ass in the car!" she said. I rushed inside.

"Why didn't you tell me!" I screamed. She was silent. She then punched the dash board. "GIVE ME YOUR DAMN PHONE , GIVE IT HERE YOU LITTLE SELF CENTERED BITCH!" she screamed. Damn , she was so red when she was angry...

I gave her the phone. She snatched it away and started tapping buttons and shit. "Hey , what the fuck you think you do-- "Bitch hush! Shut the hell UP! Has anyone told you you talk WAY TO DAMN MUCH SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN SOMETIMES!" she said. I smacked my teeth. "Yeah , whatever" I said.

"So , let's see while you were flirting with that nigga the hospital called you plus your mama" she said flinging the phone in my lap.

"Damn it who said I heard it" I said. "I know you did , you must think I'm stupid. I've been where you are" she said pulling off. "You need to do some serious self talking to" she continued.

"She has cancer Dani!" I screamed. "Did you know that? Did you even lay eyes on her or even communicate with ever enough to know? Your own mom, Dani. No, you probably didn't because you were too busy fuckin God knows who" she said.

"God , you're pathetic" she laughed. One side of me really wanted to cry.. the other side wanted to bash her head against the window. I fear had fell down my cheek.

She was right. I didn't know she had cancer.. I didn't even know she was sick! I didn't pay attention.. I never did...

I needed to get a grip and understand why I'm so angry all the time. Do I need therapy? I'm not that bad to where I need professional help .. am I?

I would ask Aunt Ash but she's in a pretty bad mood. I don't blame her. So i just laid my head on the window and silently cried.