Prologue

Kasalukuyan akong naglalakad mag-isa sa mall, there were a lot of people today since it was a weekend. Balak ko sana bumili ng bagong furniture para sa bago kong apartment.

I moved out of my old apartment and school because my birthday already passed. Ang dahilan kung ba't palipat-lipat ako ng school everytime matapos ang birthday ko ay dahil may-

"Don't move or I'll stab her!" I heard a shout and turned my direction to where it came from.  A man was tightly gripping a frail woman and visciously glared at the people near him.

'Wow taray naman ng magnanakaw na 'to, english speaking, baka foreigner 'to?' I mused but snapped out of it when I realized the woman was in danger, I formulated a plan to save her while getting closer without the thief noticing.

When I was already close that I could kick the thief in a minute, I prepared to dash when suddenly somebody grabbed me from behind.

I let out a yelp and looked at the criminal who touched me. It was a man in his twenties, black hair that looks like dark blue when the light shine down on it and dark green eyes that were glaring at me.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered yelled at him and looked at the thief, relieved that he didn't noticed us. Alam kong isa sa bucket list ko ay ang makayakap ng isang gwapong stranger pero not now!

Mas priority ko ang maging heroine, kaya I tried to pry the arms that were hugging me. It was not succesful so the only thing I could do was stomp on the man's foot and elbow jabbed his stomach.

The man let me go and I hurriedly rushed towards the thief. The thief was startled when I suddenly grabbed the woman away from him and kicked his hand. The knife flew high in the air and landed far away.

"You!" The thief glared at me and lunged towards me, for a second there I froze and realized how dumb I was that I didn't planned what I would do after I save the woman.

A figure appeared in front of me and shielded me from the thief, sinuntok niya ang magnanakaw and tied him up with his jacket.

Isa lang ang masasabi ko sa nararamdam ko ngayon, isa.

The figure turned out to be the man that grabbed me earlier, he swept his hair back and looked at me with worried eyes. I couldn't stop myself and sticked my tongue at him, leaving him bewildered.

I ignored him at tumingin sa babaeng iniligtas ko, I helped her from the ground and apologized.

"I'm so sorry for grabbing you too roughly," I dusted the dirt off from her pants, ang dumi naman ng mall na 'to.

"Ok l-lang iha, salamat talaga sa pagligtas sa'kin," her voice shook when she thanked me, a commotion arised from the sides and I saw the security coming to take the thief.

A security guard went towards us and requested the lady to come with them, it appears that they didn't really need me to come along.

"Young lady don't do anything like that again." The guard sternly told me off, I nodded but sa totoo lang hindi ako nakikinig, minsanan lang din naman 'to, pwede ko na ma cross off sa bucket list ang pagiging heroine.

The woman thanked me once again before going together with the guard. Kinuha ng guard yung jacket ng guy at binigay sa kanya, nag-usap sila ng konti at umalis na ang guard.

The guy was facing his back to me and I noticed a large wet stain on his shirt, lumapit ako sa kanya and tugged gently at his shirt.

Humarap siya sa akin, "salamat sa pagpigil sa'kin pero it wasn't needed. Your t-shirt is wet, if you don't mind would it be okay to dry it off back at my place?" I asked, slowly looking up at him.

'God, that sounds so flirtatious Syvlia,' inner me facepalmed herself. I blushed and hurriedly added, "I'm not making a move on you! I just feel guilty since I think I'm the reason that your shirt is wet!"

"I don't mind," the man replied, looking down at me with an unreadable expression, ano kayang iniisip nito? Don't tell me akala niya talaga na I'm making a move?!

I hope not.