Chapter Eight

I yawned and scrolled on tiktok. Laughing at a video, I looked up and saw Aster. I looked at his tray and noticed something.

Aster arrived at our table and put down the tray. Tiningnan ko ng mabuti ang dinala niya, I raised my eyebrows and looked at him.

Aster looked at me with a 'what' look. I pointed at his tray, specifically at the chicken with brocolli soup.

"Is this yours?"

"No, it's for you." He replied right away and as if he said something that wasn't allowed, he hurriedly said, " I mean, it was the food for today at naalala ko na hindi kita natanong kung anong gusto mo so yan na lang ang kinuha ko and besides it's nutritious."

"So I bought it for you..." Aster quietly added and I crossed my arms over my chest. By now I was really suspicious of who he really was and how he knew my favorite food.

At nandon din siya sa flashback ko non when we first met. "Funny, ito yung food na alam kong blacklisted for it's unpopularity," huhulihin ko siya to tell the truth, and alam ko naman na iba ang special food today... I'm updated duh.

"Who are you really Aster... was it really the first time we met last week?" I pressed on, gusto ko ng sagot, I hate being kept in the dark, even if I get hurt.

After a few seconds, Aster opened his mouth, "yes... that was the first time, we didn't know each other before that..." he looked like he was having a hard time saying that.

"Eh bat tinanong mo ako non kung bakit hindi kita kilala?" Tinanong ko siya ulit, this time hindi siya makapagsalita and looked as if he was still debating on what to reply.

Pring

My phone vibrated cutting off my interrogation. Kinuha ko ito sa bulsa ko at tiningnan, it was a call from my cousin.

I answered it and said, "hello? Bat napatawag ka Crey Crey?"

"Ate are you free right now? Nandito kami ni Zeke," my cousin's voice energetically said and I could hear a man talking in the background.

I gave a pointed look at Aster telling him that I'm still not done before replying to Creios, " yes nandito ako sa cafeteria, asan ba kayo? Puntahan ko kayo."

After knowing their location, I hanged up and grabbed my bag. I cast a glance at Aster and coldly said, "tatanungin kita mamaya, may pupuntahan muna ako."

"I'll go with you." Aster said, I raised my eyebrow at him and he continued talking, "I'm more familiar with this place than you, samahan lang kita baka mapadpad ka pa sa kung saan."

His reason made sense and I nodded along like an idiot. Tumayo siya at sabay kaming lumakad papunta sa East Wing ng university, I should memorize the map when I have the time.

Musing with my thoughts, I ignored Aster while walking. It was a little awkward and the atmosphere around us was weird, I could feel myself twitching every now and then, sometimes even forgetting how to walk normally.

'You're weird,' my inner self gave me a snide look, and I didn't bother fighting with it since it was true.

"Aster... bat alam mo ang favorite food ko?" I decided to strike up a conversation because it was too quite and boring.

"Lucky guess?" Aster said and wasn't even sure about it, all I could do was shake my head... seems like I won't be getting answers right now.

Lahat nalang sila may tinatago sa'kin pero kung sabagay para din naman 'to sa'kin. All for me to be safe and healthy, I sighed and stayed quiet again.

But, then again... Aster doesn't know about my condition? Or does he?

Dun dun dun

'Knock it off Sherfake,' I coughed and tried not too laugh, funny how my inner self thought she did something from that joke.

We arrived at the Central part of the university and I felt that I already lost a billion pounds, bakit ba kasi ang laki ng school na 'to, bakit ba kasi nandon sila sa East Wing at hindi sa West Wing na lang.

I groaned and slowly walked one foot at a time, siguro makakarating kami dun ng mga tatlong oras dahil sa kabagalan ko. Aster noticed my zombie walk and stiffled a laugh, I didn't bother and continued walking.

I saw Aster leaving from the corner of my eyes, too tired from turning my head, I continued. A cold sensation run down on the side of my cheek, I flinched and automatically grabbed it.

It was a water bottle. Hindi ko na tiningnan kung san galing ito at agad binuksan para inumin, I felt refreshed when the water travelled to my throat at naramdaman kong nawala ang pagod at bumalik ang sigla ko sa paglalakad.

It didn't take a second to know it was Aster who gave it to me, I looked at him and saluted him in gratitude. He returned the salute and smiled with the gorgeous lips of his.

'Bipolar mo te,' sambit ni inner self.