Chapter Eleven

"Shulala wohoo shusha shu!" I screamed out gibberish that even my inner self had to let out a 'wtf'. Kasalanan ko ba na maganda ako? Like someone asked me out on a date, at pogi pa!

Kayo? Naranasan niyo na ba yon?

I remembered how he asked me out and I let out a string of gibberish again. Making sure to set the date on Saturday, tumayo ako at naglakad sa closet.

"What should I wear?" Kinakausap kong sarili ko and search at the clothes hanging in my closet, pero kahit isa wala akong nagustuhan.

Taong grasa style?

Too sexy.

Parang madre ako nito.

"Wala bang normal dito?" I grabbed the side of my head and tinapon ang rejected clothes on the pile. Then a lightbulb flashed on my mind, walking towards the suitcase, I opened it.

'Eto nalang susuotin ko, for a modest look,' I thought and twirled the knee-length dress that I picked up. 'Yun napkin ba ibig sabihin mo? Gusto mo maging napkin?' Commented my inner self making me stop on my tracks.

Letting out a frustrated sigh. I preoccupied myself with the dress, it was an off-shoulder lime green that was neither loose or tight on the chest.

I bought this at... ah I don't remember baka nakalimutan ko lang. I smiled and hanged it on the doorway, kulang na lang ang mga accessories.

'So kailangang hindi ganun ka over the top at saktong sakto lang,' I prep myself up and picked a necklace and a bracelet, eto lang para hindi mahalatang nag-effort talaga.

He was the one who asked me out, siya dapat mag-impress sa'kin para mahulog ako sakanya. 'Kala ko ba siya na future husband mo nasan na yung love at first sight?'  My inner voice remarked.

'Just shut up,' I replied, kaya pala palagi akong binubugbog ni Prim... I'm so damn annoying. I tried to close the suitcase but something caught my eye.

It was a small notebook that was hidden underneath the clothes, maybe I placed it inside when I was packing on my birthday. I picked it up and found out it was a diary, ooh ano kayang naisulat ko dito.

Curiousity got the best in me and I opened it. There were no dates and names, only day one and so on. Binasa ko ang day one and what it said piqued my interest.

'Day one,

He saved me when someone was trying to slap me.'

Kailan kaya 'to? I continued reading.

'Day two,

Turns out magkapareho kami ng major! I forgot my pen and he lend me one... he is so sweet!'

'Day seven, 

We became close and I think I'm in love!'

Natigil ako sa pagbabasa at nadedemonyo sa sarili ko, seriously bago lang kayo nagkakilala in love ka na agad? And speaking of major edi college na ako nito, bakit feeling ko ang bata pa ng pag-iisip ko.

Shaking my head, I continued reading.

'Day ten,

We went shopping, he bought me a dress at binilhan ko din siya ng shirt! #friendshipgoals #legitfriendslangkami'

I laughed at the hashtags that my past self made. Ano kayang  dress ang binili ni mystery guy sa'kin? Ugh, nakakainis talaga ang pagiging makakalimutin ko.

Nasan na kaya si mystery guy ngayon? Nakakalungkot lang kasi what if importanteng tao pala siya sa buhay ko at nakalimutan ko siya... and what if kung hinahanap niya ako kung asan na ako ngayon?

Sa sobrang pag-iisip, another painful attack throb my head and may flashback na naman akong nakikita. Napahawak ako sa ulo...

~
"Ilang araw ka ba dun?" A soft voice of a boy is heard on the phone. The girl was all alone as she sat on the chair staring at the phone that was on speaker.

"A few weeks ata darling," she replied softly her tone sound so sad that it might looked like she would cry any minute. The girl busied herself on packing the things on the suitcase, making sure a black notebook was secured inside.

"I'll miss you, alam mong mahihirapan na akong mabuhay pag wala ka," the boy in the phone joked to lighten the atmosphere. The girl giggled and chatted with the boy for a while, before ending the call. As she sat, the smile was wiped off from her face. A lone tear slid slowly from her right cheek and then a sob broke out. The girl muttered a string of uncomprehensible words, before hiccuping and burrowing her head on her knees.

"I'm sorry darling, forgive me...." the girl said before breaking down again, her sobs were painful as she clenched her fists on her knees.
~