Chapter Three

"Mabuti naman naalala mo pa ako," my bestfriend, Prim grumbled.

Tumawa ako at nilagay ang tray of food sa table namin. "Busy kasi ako sa pag design ng bagong apartment ko, sorry talaga Prim ko tsaka I just recently bought a new phone," I looked at her with puppy eyes and grabbed a chicken, gently waving it at her face.

"You're making me dizzy, fine fine I accept your apology," she relented while grabbing the chicked and eating it, "but, you should have told me na may bagong phone ka. Also future interior designer ako pero hindi ka humingi ng tulong sa'kin? Ano bobo ka ba?"

I pouted and told her, "future pa naman, malay natin bumagsak ka."

Prim angrily chomped on the chicken and glared at me, I flinched under her glare and sheepishly grinned at her.

"Pasalamat ka na masarap 'tong pagkain na binili mo, kung hindi baka nasaksak na kita ng tinidor," she threatened, rubbing the fork and making sure that I could get her message clearly.

"Of course pretty Milady... oo nga pala may tanong ako," buti nalang 'di ko nakalimutan at naalala ko yung nangyari three days ago, since bestfriend ko si Prim and we went to the same college together before maybe she knows who the guy was.

"Ano 'yon?" She asked putting down the fork and stared at me. Her stares were piercing, I was visibly uncomfortable being openly looked on, "before that... can you please stop staring? Alam kong maganda ako at maraming na rin na in love sa'kin, pero pwede ba? Bestfriend kita 'di tayo pwede, bawal tay-"

"One more word that is unrelated to your question will get you sent to outer space."

"Ah sige, may nakilala kasi ako three days ago," I stopped joking around and told her what happened.

Prim's face was tense and she looked like she knew who I was talking about, at least she knows... I should ask her for his name.

"Does this guy have green eyes?" Prim asked, my face lit up and I energetically nodded, "oo kilala mo? His eyes were so green that it looked like the leaves of  a Photinia, it was so beau-"

"Sorry, I don't know him," Prim cut me off before I could ramble again. 'What's with people always stopping me in mid sentence?'  I crossed my arms and sulked.

"Eh bat alam mo green ang kulay ng mata niya?" I asked, looking at her with curiosity.

"I was just guessing, anyway tapusin na natin 'to hindi na mainit." Prim blinked rapidly and brushed my question off,  stuffing her mouth with food.

I tilted my head. I was intrigued on why she would lie, alam kong nagsisinungaling siya kasi may habit siyang mag blink ng ilang beses pag may tinatago siya.

I wonder why? I felt betrayed pero alam ko naman na may good reason siya.

I will just wait... until she is ready to tell me who that guy was. Charot lang, I'm not patient enough, I'll just keep on asking Prim until she finally tells me.

I finished eating and I cleaned up the mess I made before leaving the restaurant. Prim still didn't answered my question, instead she took me to a cinema and we watched a movie together.

'Ok, I'll stop asking for now since she was obviously avoiding the question. Ayaw kong ma sira ang araw namin.'  Minsanan pa naman kami magkita because I transferred to another city.

If it weren't because of my illness, I would have still be in the same college with Prim and I wouldn't experience moving a lot.

But what happens is already done. I'm thankful that I get to live in this world, even if I lived in pain... it's still worth it.

"Hoy! Syv you're spacing out. Kanina pa kita tinatawag. The movie already ended." Prim's voice brought me back to reality, I shook my head and stood up.

We went outside and I continued on trying to make her tell me. I shoved back my thoughts on the back of my mind and preoccuppied myself with getting answers from Prim.

Sadly, the day already ended and I'm already back at home. At 'di sinagot ni Prim ang tanong ko, she was really stubborn this time.

Ah another mystery, sino kaya yung guy? And why did he looked so in pain when I couldn't remember him?

---------------------
Plano ko sana ipost ng maaga kaso ngayon lang ako nagising🙂🔪