Chapter Six

"Jacket boy!" I shouted at the guy that sat beside me. It was the guy from before, tinadhana talaga kami para sa isa't isa.

Fate really wants us to be together.

"Oh hey," he answered unenergetically and waved. I frowned, hindi ata siya masaya na nagkita kami ulit.

"I'm sorry that I had to send you home suddenly, sumakit kasi ulo ko," I scratched my head while laughing sheepishly.

"Can I have your name now?" I asked him. He raised his head and stared at me at parang tumigil ang mundo ko, the sounds disappeared and my eyes focused on him.

The way he swept his hair and as how he gazed at me with his green eyes, also that unreadable expression when he looks at me.

"Aster... Aster Ley. He raised his hand up for a handshake, ano ba 'to? Intro ni James Bond?

Gaya gaya walang originality.

I stopped myself from cringing and raised my hand, " my name is Syvlia Evans," grinning I shook his hand but I couldn't help but notice how soft his palm was.

The palm of a rich kid!' My inner self yelled, I chuckled helplessly and let go of his hand. Just then I heard a loud cough, it was my cousin.

I checked the time. It was time for the class to start, humarap ako sa pinsan ko para makinig sa discussion niya.

"I would like to have your attention everyone." Once everybody quieted down and listened to him, Kuya Creed continued, "I'll be your chemistry professor, and I want to change your seating arrangements."

"What? Hindi naman siya nag ganito dati."reklamo ng mga classmates ko.

"Ano? Luh ayaw ko maseparate sayo hubby."

"Nani?!"

Voices of disapproval flooded the room, I frowned and wondered what could have made my cousin thought of this.

Eh hindi naman siya impulsive and sa totoo lang walang pake sa ibang tao.

"Boys to the left and girls to the right," Kuya Creed announced, overpowering the disapprovals of the students.

I raised my hand and said, "Sir excuse me bat ba mag change ng seating arrangement, eh I don't see any problem with sitting with the opposite sex."

Murmurs of approval sounded out as I set my eyes firmly on Kuya Creed. Sa totoo lang talaga tamad lang akong lumipat ng upuan at katabi ko din ang the man of my dreams.

"Tapang niya ah. Maybe she didn't heard the rumors about him?"

"Transferee siya right? And the guy beside him as well? Pogi naman ng katabi niya siguro yan ang dahilan kung bat ayaw niya lumipat."

Bullseye. I ignored the words that they were spewing and waited for my cousin to speak. They don't know how I'm secretly shaking from talking back to kuya, I mean alam ko naman kung anong ugali ni kuya pag nagagalit.

"Fine, it appears that it will be a waste of time to arrange your position." Kuya Creed removed his glasses and wiped it with a handkerchief. I smiled in relief and secretly gave him a thumbs up.

"Ok everyone shut up, I will start my lesson." He added while fixing his glasses, lumapit siya sa desk niya at may pinindot para mag start ang slideshow sa screen.

I looked at Aster and proudly smirked. He chuckled and ruffled my hair which shocked me, it was strangely soothing and as if my head was familiar with his hand.

I stopped thinking about it and focused on my cousin's lecture. While, opening my notebook to jot down important stuff.

-
The class ended and I streched my arms to release the tension. I stood up and was about to invite Aster for lunch when I heard my cousin called out to me.

"Ms. Syvlia, I have something to say to you." I pursed my lips and nodded timidly at him, I looked at Aster and waved at him.

Aster looked worried when he looked at me one last time before going outside.

"Oh seems like she's in trouble."

"Pabida kasi," someone said while walking past me, their laughs were sarcastic.

'Sarap nila bugbugin, mga duwag naman,' I rolled my eyes.

"Warning Mr. Imael, one more insult and I would happily kick you out from this class," I heard my cousin's voice behind me, the man was spooked to the core and rushed out of the classroom, forgetting his bag.

"Ok lang yun kuya. Sorry, I disrespected you." I spoke when finally everyone got out of the classroom.