chapter 9 - just keep swimming

Its not that I'm angry really at anyone I just need to figure things out. Okay that's a lie actually I'm angry at Andrew a little bit. I step into the indoor pool parking lot which is about 5 minutes from the school, but I had to go home and grab my swim bag. So its probably been about a half an hour since I left school. Looks like I've got a while.

"Miss can I see your membership?"

"Oh I don't have one, but I go to Newark high."

"That's awesome sweety, but I still need a membership." Eww I hate when old women call me sweety and talk to me like I'm four.

"Oh okay can I sign up for a membership?" I just want to fucking swim, god!

"Yes miss just fill put these papers and pay the first month fee."

Oh my gosh there's probably about 10 pages to fill out. I handed her my card and it probably took me another 30 minutes, so now I've wasted an hour.

"Is the pool is down this way?"

I pointed to the doors to my left.

"Yes. I could have somebody tour you around if you would like."

"Um no thank you. Maybe another time." She handed me my membership card and I walked into the pool area. It was good sized but it wasn't huge. I changed out of my clothes and into my one piece suit. It was a long time since I've done competitive swimming. I put my cap on along with my goggles and jumped in.

"Holy fuck its so cold!"

The lifeguard gave me a dirty look and I flipped her the bird, because its just me and her fat ass. I go back to my practicing prep.

I have this waterproof Bluetooth earbud that connects to my phone, so I can listen to music, so I put that in. I decided to take it east so for a warmup I did a 400 meter freestyle swim. I finished and decided to do a 200 meter breastroke swim. When I was done with that I felt like I was about to die. Don't get me wrong that's my best stroke by far but I haven't done it in so long.

The rest of that sets I did:

100 freestyle

200 butterfly- I suck at this stroke

100 freestyle

200 backstroke

100 freestyle

200 breaststroke

100 freestyle

I rested for 2 minutes and then started doing sprints. I began on 50 meter freestyle (1 lap). Half way through I felt something touch my foot. That's weird, whatever Madison just keep swimming. I did my flip turn and headed in the opposite direction. I was once again half way through when something grabbed my foot and whatever it was I kicked it in the face. Wait of it has a face its obviously a person. I stopped and began to tread water. I saw a guy around my age maybe holding his jaw and treading water.

"You've got quite the kick."

"You wouldn't have to feel the pain your feeling now if you didn't grab my foot." I narrowed my eyes at him.

I unravel my cap half way off my head and take my ear buds out.

"How else was I supposed to get your attention?"

"I don't know maybe wave your hand in front of my face, or a kickboard, or waited till I stopped."

"Now that wouldn't be as much fun would it?"

"True I did enjoy kicking your face."

He fakes being hurt

"That hurts, love."