Chapter 18

*Draco's POV*

I was on the fence about turning up to this dance, I had already been to 5 before and this sure as hell wasn't going to be much different. Besides I didn't have a date which would've made the entire night a little less lonely.

I was even considering asking Pansey but I rethought the insinuations that would create in her mind, she would definitely think there was more too it than a friend asking another friend to a ball, she ended up already having a date to my dismay.

It wouldn't matter anyway, I was only going to stay for 20 minutes or so, just to say I'd gone, that is until I saw her.

It seemed like everything stopped when she glided down the stairs in a beautiful black dress that flattered her skin and complemented her curves perfectly. She was absolutely jaw droppingly gorgeous, I was speechless, the only thing missing was a smile.

She looked around to find her friends but I noticed they were all on the dance floor with their dates. I wanted to go up to her straight away, but I kept thinking about yesterday, how she was nervous around me.

She thinks I don't notice but I notice everything about her, when she blinks longer when she hears something she doesn't like, when she shifts her weight when she's uncomfortable, even when she looks away when she doesn't want her tears to fall in fear of looking weak, so when he was fidgety yesterday I knew instantly she felt awkward, especially when I held her hand and she pulled it away and turned her face away from me. I never wanted to make her feel like that, I simply wanted to protect her from McLaggen.

When she reached the bottom of the stairs and I realised my eyes hadn't left her since she walked in I thought fuck it, I need to ask her to dance. I took a deep breath in and prepared myself. It really was uncertain whether she'd say yes or not, but every bone in my body hoped she would agree.

However I came to a holt when I saw Will walk up to her at the drinks table, she laughed at something he said and it confused me, what could he say that was so funny? Once he left I took it upon myself to find out.

*Analia's POV*

My friends and their dates left a couple minutes before me, I didn't want to look like a fifth wheel. I walked into the great hall and my jaw dropped, it was magnificent, the sky was white and snowy, the food looked incredible and even the smell was of christmas, everything about it was magical.

I was glad I came purely to see this, it gets more spectacular every year, it was unbelievable. A small string band made of four individual violins filled the hall with lively christmas music from the corner of the stage.

"Wow, you clean up nice Ana" I was brought out of my trance by Draco who had sneaked up behind me.

"Same could be said about you, I like the suit, it's different." Of course he looks unbearably handsome. The white in his suit complimented his pale complexion which I hadn't noticed was lighter than normal.

"So do you-" He cut off and darted his eyes to a figure behind me. Will had come back from getting me and him drinks.

"Ready for that dance now?" He questioned in front of Draco who was frozen with a grimace on his face. I nodded, taking the drink from his hand, taking a sip of punch.

"I'll talk later?" I added towards Draco before setting the cup down on the table. Will took my hand and whisked me away onto the dance floor just in time for a new song to begin playing.

He smiled an innocent smile as he took my waist and began whirling me around the floor. The music was easy to follow and the couples surrounding us were also getting lost in the dance.