Chapter 24

*Analia's POV*

Draco ended up walking me up to my common room, listening intently to what I got up to on my holidays. I tried to ask about his but he insisted they were boring and changed the conversation back to me.

"So did you and your friends sort everything out?" He asked as we reached the fourth floor.

"No, but I'm hoping to talk with them now, if they're in the dorms."

"I'm sure they'll come around, they can't stay mad at you forever." He said reassuringly, "Plus it's been two weeks, surely they're over it."

"Let's hope, this is the longest we've gone without speaking."

"Jeez, you're all very close then." He said in disbelief that two weeks is a long time without contact from your friends.

"Well duh... we're best friends. They might as well be my sisters for crying out loud. Haven't you ever had anyone like that?"

"No, not really."

"You've never had anyone you consider family because you're so close to them, someone you do everything with and keep no secrets from?" I didn't mean to go more in depth, he said no like it didn't bother him at all but as I went on his face dropped.

"No."

"Oh, not even Camille?" He frowned and shook his head. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I don't need the company." He tried to brush it off and look away but I could tell he was hurt.

"Everyone needs company, tell you what, I'll be your family."

"You'll be my 'sister'?" He said confused, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Ew no gross Draco."

"Then you're my Mrs, that's the only other option."

"Well..." He cut me off

"Mrs Malfoy, I like the sound of it, it definitely suits you." A smile grew on his face, proud off his answer.

"You think? Why would I have to change my name? Why not Mr Fay?" I say playing along, in all honesty being his wife doesn't sound bad at all.

"Dropping the Malfoy name? My parents would kill me."

"We could just run away."

"And how would that work?" He asked condescendingly.

"Well we empty the trust funds and flee, somewhere sunny and warm, like Southern France, somewhere nobody knows us, I already know the language after all and we can ride bikes and sleep under the stars and be free." His eyes shot down to the ground, shaking his head with a pleased look on his face thinking about the idea.

"I'd love too, but before we do, you need to make up with your friends." He gestured to the door that stood proudly in front of us. "Go on, you'll be fine." He said noticing my hesitations. He lent down and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead which immediately calmed my nerves.

"Thank you. We'll talk later?" I say backing away and towards the common room.

"Until later Mrs Malfoy." He winked and gave a cheeky smirk that I couldn't help but smile at. I turn to the door and brace myself to enter.

With clammy hands and holding my breath I tiptoe into the common room expecting them to be catching up with the other Ravenclaws by the fire, but they were nowhere to be found. Susie, a third year told me she saw Luna and Cho up in the dorms earlier.

Sure enough, both were stood by their beds unpacking their cases from their holidays. They looked up at me and immediately their conversations silenced and they turned away back to their bags.