Chapter 9

I woke up with excitement for what the day would bring, albeit very late as well, so I rushed to get ready , throwing on a white polo neck with a baggy grey shirt over top, despite it being almost winter, the sun shone bright and high in the sky, heating you up with its rays.

I skipped breakfast and ran straight to meet my friends in the courtyard, they were all waiting for me and when I finally got there, it's safe to say they were less than impressed

I skipped breakfast and ran straight to meet my friends in the courtyard, they were all waiting for me and when I finally got there, it's safe to say they were less than impressed. But the disappointment didn't last for long because as soon as we started walking to Hogsmede, chatter and laughter took over us all.

"How does this one look?" Cho asked, stepping out of the dressing room.

We had come to the only dress shop in Hogsmede to buy our Yule ball gowns. We decided to go earlier this year so all the good dresses were still available, last year was disastrous when the only dresses that fit me were a bright lime green ball gown with a glittery bodes or a full purple sequin flared dress, I opted for a dress I wore to my uncles wedding 2 years ago, which although a little tight was much better than the options at the shop.

My jaw dropped when I saw her, "Cho that looks amazing." I replied looking at her looking stunning in an iridescent purple ball gown that blended so beautifully with her black hair

"Not as amazing as that." Her eyes fell upon the long, skin tight black dress that wrapped around my body. "You have to get it, you look like a model." I blushed at her compliments as the other girls came out of their dressing rooms and nodded to each other about their dresses. Everyone looked gorgeous in the dresses, it was magical.

"So, McLaggen? How's that working out? He asked you on a date." A grifindor voice belonging to Ginny caused me to blush.

"I am just as surprised as you are, who would've thought it."

"You've been getting quite close, don't think we don't see the way you look at each other when you walk to class." Ginny and Hermione teased, agreeing with one another.

"Do you think he's going to ask you to the Yule ball?" Asked Luna, everyone's eyes darted to mine, curious at my answer.

"I don't know, maybe." As cliche as it sounds a couple of the girls squealed at my answer. "There's no need to think about that now, it's still weeks away."

"Didn't you say to Luna a week ago that it's never too early?" Hermione pointed out, curse that girl and her memory.

"I think he'll definitely ask you today." Cho confidently added.

"Maybe he will maybe he won't" I say darting back into my changing room "Anyway I need to go, I can't keep prince charming waiting." I teased them all with the nickname.

I pulled on my clothes and rushed to the owner to buy the dress, I had no option than to buy it, if I hadn't Cho would be down my neck about it for weeks, plus I really did love it, it was beautiful, I'd never seen a dress quite like it before in my life.