Hogwarts Express

On September 1st, Harry and I found ourselves on the magenta train speeding towards Hogwarts. My father's wand was tucked into the robes I had already changed into and I could feel its' warmth in me, as if someone was still holding  it. So far, nothing eventful had happened in the train ride. But someone had joined us. A redhead named Ron Weasley.

"Is it true--you got your father's wand?" Ron asked, his mouth stuffed with Cauldron Cake.

I nibbled on mine, not feeling very hungry. "Yes, although I thought he had his on himself the night they—" I stopped, not wanting to say anymore. Sensing my discomfort, Harry switched the topic to the wizarding candies.

"I'd be careful if I were you. When they mean every flavor; they mean every flavor." Ron pointed at the box labeled Every Flavor Beans. "George reckons he got a bogey-flavored one once."

I smiled. "Must've been unpleasant for him then." I went to take one I thought was a strawberry one and gingerly bit into it. "Blergh." I gagged. "Cherry."

Ron gave me an amused look. "Not much of a cherry fan, I'm assuming." He said.

"No." I shuddered. "Harry did the mistake of giving me a cherry coke (a Muggle drink mind you) and I nearly puked."

"She did puke." Harry corrected and I shot him a glare. He sniggered.

Ron shook his head at us. "You know any magic? My brothers, Fred and George, they gave me a spell." He pulled out his wand.

Almost coincidentally, a bushy brown haired girl showed up. "Have any of you seen a toad? Neville's lost one." We shook our heads. She noticed Ron had his wand out still. "Oh are you doing magic? Let's see it then."

Ron looked uncomfortable but opened his mouth:

"Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow. Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow." He swished his wand. But nothing happened.

I snickered and he shot me a dirty look but a sheepish smile was trying it's best to not appear.

"Are you sure that's a real spell? I've been practicing some over break. Just to keep up with the rest of the school. Here. Let me see your glasses." She beckoned Harry for his and he reluctantly handed them to her. "Reparo Occlus." Instantly, the glasses looked like they were brand new. I raised an eyebrow.

"I know some charms. Not many." I muttered. The girl turned towards me.

"Go on." She said.

I looked at the empty box of Bertie's Every Flavor Beans and flicked my hand after a swish. "Wingardium Leviosa!" It was a simple spell, and easy to do. The box lifted much to Harry and Ron's shock. The girl looked perplexed.

"Well.." she stuttered. "I...Hermione Granger." She pointed at herself.

"Jami Potter." I flashed her a smile.

"Harry Potter." Harry added.

"Ron Weasley." Ron muttered.

"Really, you're the Potter siblings?" Hermione gaped at us. "Now I know why you two looked familiar-you're famous, you know. Mentioned in several books."

"Really." I sighed. "Not the first I ever heard that."

"Well, I should get going. Good luck." She nodded at me and scrunched up her nose at Harry and Ron.

The moment she left I sighed. "Are you sure that's a real spell? I've been practicing over break." I mimicked her in a more high pitched voice. Ron sniggered.

"We probably should get ready." Harry said.