13-Tonight we strike

"Good morning, messieurs!" Clay awoke to Vincent's unnaturally cheery voice. "I take it the two of you slept well?"

Clay looked down at the teen in his arms, who was currently trying to bury his face in Clays chest in order to block the light.
He tried getting up, but found the teens grip incredibly strong, like Clay would disappear if he let go.

"Tubbo, c'mon, we need to get up." Clay said softly, shaking the teen a bit.

"Five more minutes..." Tubbo mumbled, holding Clay tighter.

The older male gave Vincent a 'help' look, to which Vincent just laughed.

"I'll let him sleep a bit more while I get food prepared. But we can't stay long, if you're planning to attack tonight." Vincent said, smiling at the teen. "You know, if I didn't know any better, I would've guessed the two of you were related. You act like a big brother to him."

Clay nodded, smiling down at the teen. He heard the door softly shut, signaling that Vincent left the room. He sighed, playing with the younger males hair.

"No one will hurt you. Even if I die, promise me that you'll stay safe. Run away, live with Mega or Vincent. Just.....I don't want you to get hurt."

Breakfast was quiet. It wasn't anything spectacular, just some berries in a bowl of cooked oats, but it was enough to provide them with energy for the time being.

"Alright, so I'm going to teleport the three of us to Mega's, yes?" Clay nodded. "Make sure you have everything, because I won't be able to make another trip back anytime soon."

Clay looked in his bag. Food, water, weapons. Yep, everything he needed.

"Dream, where's your mask?" He heard Tubbo ask.

"Shit, I must've left it in the bedroom." Clay cursed, turning to the bedroom to retrieve his valuable mask.

"L-let me get it! I-I need to go get something from the bedroom anyway." Tubbo said, stopping the older male in his tracks.

Before Clay had a chance to argue, he found himself back in the forest, in front of Mega's cabin, with Mega watching a bee work intently on a flower.

Tubbo sighed as he watched Clay disappear within the blink of an eye. He turned to the bedroom, walking inside.

First he grabbed his bow and arrows. Weapons were more important.

Then he found Clays mask, which sat on one of the nightstands. The teen took a moment to admire it.

It was clearly old, or at the very least, well used. It wasn't pristine white, but more of a cream color thanks to the amount of sun and dirt the mask was exposed to daily. It has cracks and chips here and there, but still covered the face entirely.

The most prominent feature was its smiley face. It was simple, nothing to write home about.

Except for the fact that it looked almost...unsettling. The mask radiated a sort of energy that Tubbo was not a fan of.