Steven 1

"I'm going to seduce Connie Mahaswaren." I glance at the woman, shocked when I notice her already staring. I play it cool and pretend not to recognize her. Which is a downright lie. How could anyone, least of all me, not be ensnared in her existence? She's gorgeous.

Long wavy dark brown hair framing her cute face, a cascading chocolate waterfall that ends at her ass. A navy blue form fitting dress that shows off her collarbone. It's so sexy, it's should be criminal.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as her stupid asshole of a fiance comes running in to hold her hand. I stare holes into her, and I know she feels it. My eyes roam from her sexy luboutins, up her sculpted calves, to her plump little bubble butt. I smirk, imagining myself balls deep in perfect, innocent, professional Connie Mahaswaren from behind, grasping that ass. I lick my lips at the thought.

She glances at me with those eyes. Those sexy eyes are going to get her in trouble one day. I roll my eyes as she pulls him into a kiss.

I fucking hate Kevin Johnson. I fucking want him to burn in hell. I fucking want the Brazil position. And I fucking want his fiancè.

Which makes me smile wickedly as an idea forms in my mind. Nothing good, of course.

Kevin embraces her like a cardboard cutout and I grimace. No man like Kevin should even get to be in the same state as a woman like Connie let alone marry her. He takes her hand and with a flick of his wrist pulls away and puts something shiny in his pocket, smiling at her.

Was that their engagement ring? Did he just...take the ring back that easily? In front of all these people?

I seethe as her lips part sadly, quivering as he keeps talking to her animatedly. Kevin probably dumped her because he thinks he's moving to Brazil.

'Stupid motherfucker...'

My eye twitches in growing rage as she smiles at that worthless piece of shit. She thinks he's the one. That he'll own Crystal Clear one day.

Not if I have anything to do with it. I'm going to take his job and his woman.

"Yeah, over my dead body." Lapis sneers, snapping me out of my daze.

"Excuse me?" I snatch my gaze away from Connie to look at Lapis incredulously.

"You heard me!" Her eyes furrow as she pulls her signature 'Lapis Lip' and pouts. "She's so dreadfully boring. Why would you even want to breathe the same air?" She waves her hand as if perishing the thought.

I smirk at my occasional lover. She's so jealous she can't even think straight. But I keep my mouth shut. No use in fighting fire with gasoline. "I'm sure that given the correct circumstances, she would be anything but."

"So your plan is to get in Connie's granny panties, and then what? Screw around with the CEO's daughter and fall for the prude? Kevin says she's a terrible lay." She plucked a toothpick out of a little cup and cleaned under her nails.

"Kevin couldn't even turn on a microwave. He's too much of a self-absorbed idiot." I set my jaw indignantly. "Besides," I glance back at the woman. "You're fucking around with Kevin... I want in on the fun too."

"Ugh, can we just talk about something else?" She put her head in her hand and moved the napkin around with her sharp acrylics. The napkin was shredded in 10 seconds as her anger and annoyance heightened.

I try to slow my breathing. This is why I even asked her to dinner tonight. She has a way of getting information that few have. I could make a joke about how spreading her legs opens doors for her, and windows for me in extension but I don't. "What's up with Kevin?"

"Oh, him?" She sounds apathetic and lazy, when she is anything but. I can feel her interest peak like a beach wave filling a bucket of water. "What about him?"

"Heard they might send him to Brazil."

"Oh yeah, I think I heard about that. Supposedly he's first in line to go." She grins at me, knowing she's got my fury bubbling in my gut. I feel the telltale heat flash seconds before my skin normally turns pink, but instead, I smile back. And the feeling dissipates.

"What an idiot." I shake my head. "Both of them."

Her head shoots up and she leans closer, biting her lip. "You know, Steven, we could take them down. I could seduce Kevin and get all in information my little fraud could want. And, if you want me to do that, you'll have to break her."

"Break her?" I respond nonchalantly, sitting back in my chair. This is it. If she takes down Kevin, Mahaswaren will have no choice but to pick me. I'm hella good at what I do. I worked hard to get promotions, I'm tidy, I'm smart and good under pressure.

"Seduce her, make her fall for you," she traced a talloned finger over the table close to the candle. "And when she does, go in for the kill!" She snuffs the candle in between her fingers to further demonstrate her point. "Crush her. Ruin her so badly she'll never show her face again! She's so pitiably weak and fragile. Ever since that incident with Rapist Ronaldo she's been trying to keep it together. But I can see through her lies. She's so stupid she doesn't even realize what's going on. She thinks she's going to run this place one day, with Kevin by her side."

"Isn't she?" I enjoyed making her angry just as much as she did to me. Her face flushed and she gritted her teeth.

"No! She is too... fucked up. She's the daughter of the CEO. So what? She's still a worthless little bitch."

"What about Stevonnie?"

"What of her? She wants nothing to do with this job. She wants to be a writer. She's a silly little ninny and nothing worth mentioning. So what do you say, Steven? " She smirked and put her hand towards me to which I laughed and gave her a gentleman like kiss on her fingers. She giggled. "Do we have a deal?"

"Sold! To the woman in blue..." I joked, joining her tittering for a moment and suddenly feeling a little nauseous. I might as well just sold my soul to the devil in exchange for a bag of socks.

I thought back to the time I poofed and bubbled the Diamonds in exchange for momentary peace. Which only made other gems angrier and hate me even more. A fourteen year old shouldn't have to make that decision alone. Life was a shit show and Lapis Lazuli was the ringleader, with me on a leash. One false move or attempt to escape her grasp and bam! She was there to remind me: I used to be an attempted murderer. That I used to be a drug addict. I used to have anger issues. I used to be a crybaby. I used to be a homeless bum... that I never lived up to the expectations my mother had left behind. That she had saved me from that doomed life. And that I owed her big time.

Oh well.

We stood and embraced before Lapis left, blowing a kiss in my direction. Her hips swayed in an almost obnoxious way, but still her beauty turned heads left and right.

I sighed and turned just in time to catch Kevin walking away from a crestfallen Connie.

That woman was the strongest damn person I have ever met. Besides myself, of course. She has to know he's cheating on her. There's no way she doesn't. Kevin's so damn greedy and stupid he can't even be a proper asshole.

She puts a dainty hand to her mouth and glances at me briefly before disappearing into the crowd.