Earth and Air

Kazami's POV

As reality faintly crossed back into my conscious, I slowly flickered open my eyes to find a circle of people staring down at me.

"She''s awake!" A centaur named Saniiro announced.

Koneko happily raised her paw-mitten into the air. "Yeah! She's not dead!"

Well that's a relief. O-o

"Wha-What happened?" I asked in a faint whisper, gradually sitting up on my bed and rubbing my hair.

"What happened was that you just saved our lives back there!" Teiji smiled in approval as everyone else nodded and commented me with a 'good job' or a pat on the back. I didn't take into account the 'She wasn't that great' that Shukko murmured to the side.

"You must have passed out after your power unleashing because your body wasn't use to committing such a demanding task at such high speed and amounts. But you were amazing! Thanks to you, we could defeat he ogre-goblin after all! I knew you had the strengths in you." Chikyuto nodded and winked at me.

"Thank you." I blushed unable to look him in the eyes. I don't know why, but suddenly I have a weird feeling when ever he is around me.

Suddenly, there was a soft clapping coming from the front of the room. We all turned over to see Sensei Aoi leaning on his desk and clapping his tiny squirrel paws. I honestly didn't know whether to feel like petting him or being scared of him.

"Nice work class." He spoke mano-tone. "The only way to defeat this boss for you all to work together, and you ended up doing just that. I'll have to say I am very impressed at how much you've all grown as heroes."

"Does that mean we pass!" Ika asked hopefully as everyone anticipated the answer.

"Hmmm, well in retrospect, knocking the new-girl out cold dosn't look very good on a report card..."

Everyone suddenly turned to face me with an angry glare. "I'm sorry!" I squeaked ducking and covering my head with my arms.

"But...then again you did all use the Multi-weapon strike efficiently and seemed to give it your all..."

Everyone looked back at Sensei Aoi with hope-lit eyes, mentally begging for the right outcome.

"Oh fine! You all pass!"

Everyone happily cheered and jumped up and down in excitement. Just at perfect timing, the bell rang an everyone seemed to pridefully frolic out of the room. Chikyuto stayed behind to help me back up as I was gaining my energy back. He is so kind and sweet. We were about to leave to last set when Sensei Aoi called my name from behind.

"Mitsuko."

"Yes Sir?" I turned around, Chikyuto doing the same as we were both curious to what he had to say.

"Great work out there, keep it up." He nodded to me, his small yet inteligent beady eyes hinting at a sense of approval. "From here on you will only gain more ability."

"Thank you, I will!" I bowed back, eagerly jumping up and down on a giant marshmallow in my head, but casually walking out of the enormous room with Chikyuto.

I can't believe I'm saying this but, I love battle class!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next class I had was Magic Control, and I actually arrived on time!!!....with Chikyuto's help of course...but I still accomplished it!!!

We focused on getting our powers to follow our command while not going to crazy on ourselves (like I did earlier) Now that I can get a grasp of my power this school this turning out to be pretty fun!