Air

Kazamiko's POV

I fiercely dashed through the chaotic winds as a whole gust slammed into me, forced against my body. Persistently, I pushed against it, giggling as the winds brushed against my long messy hair making it flow around as if gravity never existed. I felt, free. As if the wind could lift me up and led me to my wildest dreams, as if I could actually fly. If only dreams could come true like that. All I've ever wished is for something different to happen, something exciting and magical.

I continued running until I began to get an extremely painful cramp. I wasn't a very fast runner, nor did I have the ability to run for that long, but I loved the feeling of racing against the wind. It made me feel like an epic warrior or legendary hero. As if I was more than an ordinary human.

Suddenly, I remembered what I can out here for.

"My history book!" I impulsively whisper-cried out loud, hoping no one heard.

I hesitantly approached the high school. Hopefully it was open, I knew it was a Sunday but I had to get the textbook or else I wouldn't be able to finish the homework...

...not that I'd finish it all tonight like a responsible student would do, but still!

I raced up the stairs and came forth the doors as the whirling wind started to calm. My small hands gripped tight against the door handles as I pulled against them with all my might. Every door was locked, and not even one car was parked near the building.

"I'm doomed!" I cried out loud again, pulling and pushing against the doors in disbelief. "I know I would have got a 70 on the assignment anyway, but now I'm going to flunk it! How's that going to look on my quarter grade?!"

About 10 minutes later, I finally gave up, accepting the fact that I was a horrible student as well as a procrastinator. I walked home through the muddy puddles, getting my shoes all wet to the point where you get that weird feeling of squishy feet and soaked socks.

I was half way down the street when the wind began to go insane. It blew crazily through the air making trees dance as if they just had ten thousand buckets of candy, I don't know why, but I suddenly had the urge to run. Soar freely through the waves of the sky, roam around the world to wherever I wish. I sprinted, nearly getting hit by a car as if pulled out of the street. But I still went on, even when I was getting tired the wind pushed me to stay strong. With three more houses left to pass I gave it my all, Sprinting as fast as I could until I reached my garage, jumping to touch the ceiling as I came to a halt.

I may not have gotten my textbook, but homework is over rated anyway. Plus, I got to play with the wind!

Without thinking about what was doing, I ended up in my backyard, the winds whirling around me as if I actually had the power to control it. I wish I did but it was still fun to play in.

I twirled around and ran against the playful force. Laughing and having fun as if I was with my best friend. I watched as the wind rippled against the grass on the ground, and looked up to the unique cloud patterned skies. Days like this were just so much fun! I galloped around some more and pretended I was an air wizard. Controlling the speed and fierceness of the wind with just simple hand movements. Little did I expect for it to actually work.

The wind was dying down, and I was still carelessly skipping through it. I dramatically lifted my arms towards the northeast when suddenly a miniature hurricane came out of nowhere, blowing like crazy to the exact spot I was facing.

I was completely frozen, staring in awe as the wind danced around me. Did I really just do that, or was it a coincidence? I hesitated to try again in case it resulted in just another fail, but my curiosity once again got the best of me. I spun around and flung my arm to the skies.

At first...nothing...

Then a whole full-powered explosion of wind shot through the air even more wilder than the first time. My face turned bright with excitement as I began to laugh. I played in the wind for a long time, the trick never worked consistently, but at times in went just to my command.

Just to think, if I actually had the power to control an element. If I could actually do something that made me special.

That would be a dream come true.

Eventually, I had to wave goodbye to my airy little friends. I went inside, yet my head starting to hurt like crazy. I became weak, dizzy, almost as if I was filled with swirling winds myself. I crashed onto my bed as the world spun around me. Faster, faster, fainter, harder.

I closed my eyes, becoming lost into the deep, cosmic lights ahead.