Untitled

[Posted on June 17, 2020]

"Someone is calling you," a girl told her sister, "It is the same person who's phoning you since last month."

The sister motioned her hand to accept the phone. "Answer it."

The girl immediately swiped the phone and then handed it to her sister. She didn't know why her sister was answering every phone call from that stranger who was phoning her every night.

Out of confusion, the girl went away with a puzzled face, having no knowledge of what's happening to her sister.

After receiving the phone, the woman positioned the phone near her ear.

A guy, from the other line, spoke, "Hello, sorry if I interrupt you again from anything that you are doing now. I just want someone to talk to." He was blushing all the way, shy for the thing he had done.

"That's okay," the woman said, "As long as I can help people."

The guy chuckled. "Thank you again. It's been a month since I call a random number. I am glad that it turned out to be a good friend— or are you?"

"Yes, I am your friend... even though that we only met because of that sort of random-calling you did." she confessed. "But why did you do something like that, huh?"

"Uhm... because I needed someone to talk to. I had a problem and I didn't have anyone to open up with."

"So, you found me," the woman smiled. "Did I help you? Like at least a little?"

"Yes!" the guy cheered. "You are actually more than enough..." he told, "...I suppose."

The woman smiled and blushed but didn't reply. There was something that made her speechless, like it was something that she didn't feel before. Whenever she talked to the guy on the other line, she was feeling a sudden emotion that made her heart melt. She couldn't describe it because it was too overwhelming. Her heart was pounding hard for having a hint of what she's feeling.

The guy, on the other hand, was feeling the same way. He enjoyed every moment he talked to the woman. And he knew it.

Minutes of silence had passed when one of them spoke.

"May I ask, what was your problem?" the woman asked with shyness. She didn't want to question such thing, however, her mind wouldn't let her to be silent. She was also curious of what was happening to him.

The guy was hesitant at first, but he confessed anyway, "My mind was always thinking about my ex. And I didn't know what to do. I tried everything. But ended up having you," he said. "I-I mean, ended up talking to you, ehe." he added after realizing what he said was a little bit of confusing.

"A-are you okay now?" the woman was a little bit shaking, finding awkwardness.

"Yes."

Again, minutes had passed. And a lot of thinking happened to the both of them.

"I always want someone who can be with me," the guy spoke suddenly which made the woman confused. "And I think I already found her."

The woman became uncomfortable. Her pulse was beating fast and her heart started to pound hard.

Putting all of his braveness to speak, the guy once again spoke, "And I think it's you."

The woman was completely bewildered. Her system was perplexed and her mind was confused. She knew that she also loved him. All of a sudden, her eyes became watery. She didn't feel like this before. Mixed emotions were covering her as if she was drowning with those.

The guy, too, was feeling bewildered. He knew that it was quite of unusual being inlove with a girl just by calling her every night. He didn't know it first, not until he realized. It was only a month since they met thru phone but they already had feelings for each other. And they know that what was they feeling was true.

Shaking, the guy whispered, "I want to meet you. I want us to see the world. It's only a month since I met you but hell, that was a month full of everything I love. I didn't know why either. I just... I just know that I already love you."

Both of them were scared of the fact that they were in love with each other.

"I want to see the beauty of the world with you. I want to travel with you." he added.

The woman was still crying. "Y-yes, I want to see the world, too. Your smile, your face, your family, I want to see all of them. I also want to see everything in the world!" Her tears didn't cease to fall. "The deep blue oceans, the high mountains, and the bright moon. I-I would love to see those. Especially you."

She stopped.

"But, I-I cannot." Her eyes were like a fall, it released a lot of tears. She was feeling down, at the same time she's feeling loved.

The guy was puzzled. "W-why?"

The woman was not hesitant to tell the truth to her beloved person, "Because I'm blind."