He Sah Ysdixael

[Posted in May 6, 2020]

"Here's the next target. 'Di ko na nilagyan ng picture since may name plate naman 'yung taong' 'yun kapag nakita mo na." My partner put an envelope on the table.

"Okay," I replied. I was in the middle of reading a book when he came and offered me an enveloped containing the information of our next target.

With a gun.

"Teh mdaceil pertor," I read, pertaining on the book I was reading.

Damn, dyslexia's hitting me again. The words on the book, as I could see, were all jumbled. I couldn't read properly with this.

In dismay, I closed the book and started to interrogate my partner.

"Hey, what would I get if I finished this task?" I asked him.

"You'll get to know your mother."

My heart started to pound hard. Tears started to form on my eyes. I couldn't breathe properly, maybe because of excitement. Excitement of seeing my mother again.

It's been years since this group I was in abducted me. They'd never let me see my mother again. They even injected me something, something that would make me forget my past life before I got abducted, including my memories with my mother.

This group I was in was not recognized by the government. Simply because we killed. We killed people. At first, I was not ready, I did not like everything here. It was hard for me to cope.

But eventually, I got used to it. Because they promised me that they would let me see my mother again. That's why I was very excited to finish this task. I wanted to live life with my mother.

"Tss, iyakin." Turning his gaze on me, he chuckled.

I swallowed, "talaga? Sabihin mo na sa'kin oh?"

Smiling, he nodded, "sige, sige. Pero clue lang. Magkatrabaho sila ng target mo, pero day-off ngayon ng nanay mo kaya wala siya doon."

Sighing, I looked down. I would steal a life again. I was in no position to kill. However, I needed to do this for the sake of my mother, for the sake of us.

My partner bid his goodbye after he said those words. I stood up and grabbed the envelope he put on the table.

The address of my target was indicated on the enveloped. It was in a shop. Luckily, it was not in a mall, so my task was pretty easy.

But not as I thought.

It was a broad day, the sky was blue and calm, opposing the feelings that were mixing inside me. I was currently beside a tree, where I had a great view to the shop where my target was in. The people were not so many. There were at least ten, excluding the people in the shops.