Expired

[Posted on June 26, 2020]

The wind was blowing and the moon was bright. The night was quiet while the people were already dreaming.

I laid down on my bed and first stared at the ceiling, imagining fantasies again. It became my hobby to stay up late this quarantine. These days had been tiring though all I did was to lay, excluding the things I really had to do, I'm still a normal person anyways.

An hour had passed after I finished the imaginations I was making. I picked my phone and turned it on, opened some apps and repeated to open the exact same three apps.

I didn't know what to do so I just decided to watch youtube videos.

At first, I was watching some horror clips. However, after few more videos, I found myself watching 3-ingredient frozen desserts. I laughed at myself in this belief.

An hour-long video was playing on my phone when I received a text message. I immediately checked it and then it was the time I became furious. Questions started to keep on entering my mind and I couldn't find my answers. My heart was beating fast and I was bewildered. I could feel myself like I was in a very cold place without nothing to wear. My knees were trembling as I re-read the text message. I swallowed lots of times but I still could not find answers. My hands covered my mouth in disbelief. I was still shocked and my system didn't cease to angry. My eyes were as big as the universe.

I didn't know what to do so I just spoke the text message outloud, "Naubos na ang iyong 1GB of data... "

I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds and opened it again to read the message. "What the heck?"