Chapter 4

I had shoved Tré off of me and he fell backwards on the other end of the couch. We were both laughing and my mom walked in.

"Oh, good morning boys" she greeted us with a smile.

"Good morning" we both said in unison.

"Sleep well?" She giggled.

Tré and I looked at eachother and thought for a second.

"I slept great!" Tré shouted happily.

"Come to think of it, I slept pretty good too." I looked from Tré to my mom.

"That's good, I am going to head up to my room to work on the computer. You boys going to be okay here?" She asked us.

"Yeah we'll be fine mom." I assured her.

"Okay well I'll be right up stairs if you need me." She gave me a wink before walking up the stairs. Why's she acting so weird?

I brushed it off and walked into the kitchen and looked at the clock. It was 11:12am.

"Hey Tré, I think Mike is getting here at around 12. I'm gonna call him!" I yelled for him to hear me. He was still on the couch.

"Okay Billie!" I heard him shout back.

I dialed Mike's number and the phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I heard a woman answer

"Hi Mrs. Pritchard, it's Billie, is Mike there?"

"He is! Just one second Billie. Mike!! Phone!!" I heard her yell, it was pretty funny.

"Hello? Billie?"

"Hey Mike, just wondering when you are coming over for band rehearsal?"

"Oh man I'm sorry Billie, I completely forgot but I had promised Brit that I would go see a movie with her today." Mike said in a sad voice.

"What? But we had already planned this at the beginning of the week, and didn't you two go on a date last night?" I asked, confused and frustrated.

"We did but this movie just came out yesterday and we missed it so she wants to go today." He said.

"Well tell her you're coming over to my house for band rehearsal and to see if Tré fits as a drummer." I slightly shouted. I looked over and saw Tré standing in the doorway of the kitchen looking at me.

"Billie, I really like her. I want to go to this movie with her and it'll make her happy." Mike said in a calm voice.

"What about your friends?" I said and hung up the phone with force.

I leaned on the kitchen counter and looked out of the window. Tré walked over to me and put his hand on back and I felt a slight tingle.

"Hey Billie, it's okay, we can hang out today. We don't have to do band stuff." Tré said softly.

"Mike has been my friend for so long but this girl is starting to get in the way." I said, trying not to cry.

Tré turned me and gave me a hug. "It's okay Billie, see?"

Suddenly my mom walked in and scared the living daylights out of us.

"Boys! I'm so sorry!" She laughed nervously and got a bottle of water out of the fridge. "Just forgot my water" she laughed nervously some more before rushing out of the kitchen and then popping her head back in a second later. "Just pretend I was never here." She smirked at us.

"Your mom is really funny Billie. Why does she always act like that when she sees us?" Tré laughed.

I knew why she did that but I wasn't going to tell Tré. I didn't want him to feel awkward.

"I'm not sure? Come on let's go up to my room." We both ran up stairs as fast as we could to see who could get there first.

For the remainder of the day we listened to records, looked in musical instrument magazines, told eachother more stories, and ended up taking a quick nap at around 3:45pm.

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on my door. "Come in." I said drowsily.

"Hey Billi-, oh!" My mom stuttered.

I was confused until I saw Tré fast asleep on my chest again. How the heck did he get there? Why does this keep happening? I though to myself.

I gently moved him over and sat up. "Yeah mom? What is it?" I asked her.

"Can we talk?"

"Sure." I got up and walked into the hallway with her.

"If this has anything to do with me and Tré I-" my mom stopped me with a nod of her head.

"No Billie this has nothing to do with Tré and you." She giggled. "But if you have anything to tell meee" she smirked at me.

"I don't. Go on." I laughed.

"Okay well I have to go on a business trip okay? It's just like the last one that I went on last month so you will be here alone for about 3 days. Are you okay with that?" She asked me.

I thought back to last month when I was left here alone. I had invited Mike over and we broke the coffee table so we used our savings to buy a new one that looked the exact same. We also caught a bag of popcorn on fire in the microwave and had to keep the windows open for the remainder of the time my mom was gone.

"Yeah that should be fine. When are you going?" I heard Tré stirring around in my bed so I looked inside and then back at my mom.

"I'm leaving on Monday and I'll be coming back early Thursday morning before you are awake. I'm going to leave $100 for food for you and I'm sure Tré will be here sometime too." She gave me a knowing look.

I rolled my eyes at her with a smile. "Okay that sounds fine. I should probably be getting back to Tré. I looked inside and he was sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

My mom kissed my forehead and let me go back in my room.

"He Tré looks like we got the house all to ourselves for a few days, starting on Monday." I smirked.

He looked at me with an excited expression.