Chapter 5

Well, Monday came fairly quickly and surly enough when I got home from school there was money waiting for me with a note that told me to be good or whatever. I took the note and the money and put them in my room and ran to the phone.

"Tré? Yeah my mom left. Okay see you in 20!" I hung up the phone.

Trés dad doesn't care and told Tré he could stay at my house so I'm not lonely for the few days my mom is gone. This is going to be great! I went up to my room and cleaned up the best I could. When Tré got here we'd have to walk to the store a block away to get some groceries.

While I waited for Tré to arrive I decided to call Mike. I didn't see him at school, well I did, but he was with his new girlfriend.

I dialed his number and hesitantly pushed call.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is Mike there?"

"Billie? Hmm let me go see. One second!"

After a few minutes the voice came back on the phone.

"Hey Billie I'm sorry but he seems to be out at the moment."

"Oh um okay, I'll call back another time I guess."

"Do you want me to tell him you called?"

"No that's okay, bye Mrs. Pritchard"

I hung up and felt my eyes start to tear up. But before they could fall I heard a knock at the door.

Tré!

I ran to the door and opened it to see Tré and his father standing there.

"Hi Tré, hi Mr. Wright"

"Hi Billie," They both said.

Tré walked in with his suitcase and his school bag and his dad started talking to us.

"You boys be good okay? And Tré you can call me in you need anything. You guys have money for food right?"

"Yep" I answered.

"Okay good, don't forget about school, I'll see you in a few days Tré"

"Okay, bye dad!" Tré waved and I shut the door.

"Want to bring your stuff up to my room?" I asked.

Tré nodded and we took his stuff up to my room and set it on the floor.

"Okay" I said. "We can either go to the store now and get food or we can order pizza again and go to the store tomorrow."

"Hmmmm I have a better idea. How about we go out for dinner?" Tré asked.

"Oh, I forgot we could do that. Sure!" I said happily.

"We can figure out where to go later. Got any homework?" Tré asked nonchalantly.

We both looked at each other and bursted out laughing.

"You're acting like either of do homework!!" I shouted between laughs.

After we stopped laughing we started to get to know each other some more. Tré was really cool and I loved talking to him. By the time we stopped talking it was already 7pm.

"Man, we just talked for 4 hours. We should probably go get some dinner." Tré got up off of the floor and helped me up by taking my hand. I lightly blushed and put my shoes on.

We walked into town which was a 10 minute walk and decided to eat at an Italian restaurant that wasn't expensive. The waitress sat us at a table next to some girl who was by herself. I recognized her from somewhere but didn't think anything of it until her boyfriend joined her. It was none other than Mike.

"Billie?" He asked.

"Mike." I said.

"Oh this is Mike." Tré said.

"That's Tré?" Mike asked.

"You would know if you cared to talk to me anymore," I said bluntly.

"Billie it's not like that and you know it," Mike said.

I faced forward and focused to the menu infront of me. Ignoring the glare from Mike and the confused look from his girlfriend.

In that moment I took all of my attention and put it on Tré. I didn't focus at all on Mike and his date and I ended up having a great time. What was happening with Tré and I? I couldn't keep my mind or eyes off of him. He was funny, caring, and a great friend even though I'd only known him for a short time.

We payed for our food and left Mike and his date behind and went to my house. We sat on the couch pretty close and started watching some random movie on TV. Neither of us were paying attention to it, only focusing on our conversion about the band the Clash and how we hope to be a good band one day.

I was falling for Tré, I could tell I was. I knew I was bisexual and he knew too. It was something I had come to terms with and I didn't mind it. It was who I am. But what about Tré? He told me he's had 4 girlfriends. FOUR!!!! No way he'd like someone like me.

I must have zoned out because Tré shook me back into reality.

"Hey are you okay Billie?" Tré tilted his head.

"Yeah I'm fine," I smiled. "Just excited that you get to stay for a few days."

"Me too!" It's gonna be great! Well, it already is but you know what I mean!" Tré laughed.

If only I could find out what Tré thought about me.