Shooting Star

Prompt - Inspired by a song

I have never done something like this so tell me how I did? Thanks!

______________________________________

The night sky over New Ninjago City, with the spacepod that the rest of the ninja had traveled back to earth in, and below, was Nya. She was stuck in a crisis between liking Jay, and liking Cole, and it messed her mind up badly.

Are you burnin' baby?

She looked up to see that the ship had come undone from the pressure of the atmosphere. She gasped, before noticing that their elemental shields had activated, and they were falling to the ground.

Lighting up the dark.

She looked ahead to see Jay's elemental shield, falling away from the sun setting, almost like a shooting star in the sky. She looked on in wonder.

Can you hardly take it?

She then looked over to Cole, who seemed to be falling at the same rate. All this love triangle mess had gotten out of hand, and if only she didn't see that machine...

Everyone wishing on stars.

She almost felt like making a wish for the whole love fiasco to be over. She liked Jay, but also Cole at the same time, but maybe she didn't love any of them? Maybe she was looking for a way out of a relationship?

Can you feel me shaking?

She was taken out of her trance by Wu telling them they needed to start sending the vehicles out to get them. She started preparing the vehicles.

Makin' our dreams come true.

She got onto Jay's vehicle, and paused for a second. Don't get her wrong, they thought they were perfect for each other, but now, she was not so sure.

All the hearts you're breakin'

She knew it was not fair. Not fair on Cole, not fair on Jay, not fair on herself. She knew that Jay was not going to take it lightly, and she understood if he never wanted to see her again, but she couldn't keep it up anymore.

Cause there's nobody else like you.

It will only be a matter of time before Jay wouldn't want to wait any longer for an answer, a proper answer this time, and she was scared. She didn't want to let go of Jay; he was perfect the way he was, but at the same time, she couldn't be with him anymore.

We run across the sky

She remembered one of their dates after the final battle; where they went out under the stars, where she suggested they have a run around, childish, she knew, but it was fun.

Faster than the speed of light.

Jay took a bit of a cheat and used his lightning powers, to speed them up a bit. It was one of the more exciting dates they had.

We've got magic on our side..

She always thought that love was a magic force that kept two people together forever. In a way, it was. She just didn't realise that the magic could just disappear.

Cause you know what you are, you're my shooting star.

She always knew that Jay would hold a special place in her heart for the rest of time, she just hoped she was ready to try again one day, but for now, she was going to enjoy being independent.