Part God, Huh?

Ashley bristled slightly as she jerked out of bed. Another girl dead at the hands of Hannibal. This time it was close enough to wake her.

The young demigod found herself standing on a well-constructed chessboard. How many pawns would be sacrificed before she found the perfect way to peg his king? Or was it queen? Ashley splashed some water on her face as she thought. I've never played chess, have I? Well, regardless, it's my move.

Ashley opened her closet and pretended to ponder over her outfits, which were all neatly hung. She simply abhorred unnecessary creases in her outfits.

Gingerly she picked up her favorite black suit. Strict and professional. Well, Ashley mused to herself, I think it'd be best to bite my tongue and collect evidence if possible. Now, I best get going if I want alone time with the corpse.

By the time the others had arrived, Ashley had all the information she needed. Instead of helping, she settled for distracting Abigail from dwelling on the crime scene in the cabin. She was rather good at distractions. Abigail Hobbs was no stranger to the things that lurked in the shadows, but this was the first one that was deeply personal in its own way.

Abigail let out a shaky giggle at a comment the young brunette had made and a strange sense of pride filled her chest.

Her head turned as she sensed Hannibal's presence exit the cabin. "No Will?" The teacher's first name slipped out of her mouth before she could process what she was saying and she pulled a face. I did it again.

"No, I'm afraid not. Now come along, Agent Crawford wants us to help Abigail collect her stuff."

The ride to the Hobbs residence was painfully silent after the first half-hour. The brunette had fallen asleep, her head resting on Abigail's shoulder. Abigail didn't mind much, but she found that the brunette girl looked almost like an entirely different person whilst asleep, almost as if a well-constructed veil had finally been let down.

It ended as soon as they entered the Hobbs residence, much to Abigail's disappointment. The brunette was woken by the flashing lights and was quick to exit the car.

"Any questions you have about the Hobbs case shall be addressed to me. I shall answer five, but then I'll have to ask you to kindly remove yourselves from the premises."

Abigail let out a shaky sigh. The cold and analytical persona was back. It would make the Al'Ghul a good lawyer if she decided there was a need for a career change.

When Nick Boyle had died, she felt it, and she knew Hannibal had, too. The race towards the last Hobbs had begun.

Ashley felt the pull of the dead beneath the earth and summoned it forth. She didn't know what the mortals saw, of course, but it was enough to send them screaming and it gave her time to slip away. As she entered the shadows, she drew her sword.

Thwack! Hannibal's body crumpled to the floor and Abigail gasped. The brunette lowered her weapon. "Hey, Abby, it's okay. But trust me when I say Hannibal is the last person you want to know about this."

"Hannibal said...he said he'd help me."

The brunette bent down by the other teen. "This is what Hannibal does. He puts people in situations where they have to kill and then he holds it over them. I'll help you, and rest assured, this will never lead back to you. Now come, we need to hide the body and scrub your floors clean."

Abigail nodded. "Right. Um...one problem. There are like, a thousand reporters outside."

"I already got rid of them, but if it makes you feel any better I have another way out. I promise I'll explain later, but right now I need you to trust me. Okay?"