At First Sight

*Locus office*

(Quote of the day)

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. -Margaret Mead

******

"What the hell! Watch where you're going?" I howled

He looked at me and raised his eyebrow. I took my bag and walked away. However, when I got to the office Charlotte asked me to sit and wait inside Mr. Lou's office. I gave her a warm smile and stepped inside. I entered the office. The office had so many windows that they almost covered the entire wall. It was so beautiful and so huge. After sitting on the chair, I placed my bag beside it.

After a few minutes, I heard the door open. I couldn't see it as the door was behind me and my back was facing it. When I turned around, he was the same muscle guy, the handsome guy. Okay, I'm screwed, I said almost silently. There was no way he would hire me after being a jerk to him and yelling at him.

"I'm really sorry I didn't mean to" I begin

"You didn't mean to yell at your boss hah?" he finished off.

He walked toward me all of a sudden. He stood in front of me and I couldn't explain it, the way he was looking at me OMG I can't explain it, I began feeling nervous "have a set" as he said these words I sat down as fast as I could.

As he walked to his chair he sat down. I started praying that he wouldn't blow me off. I turned toward him and lowered my head and stared at my hands.

I tried to stop my hands from shaking. I was shaking just because of what I did a couple of minutes before but I was worried that I wouldn't get the job. I was so lucky to get the job.

"Anyway my name is Lucas, but I am known as Mr. Lou at work. As you know I am the owner of this company. I was looking for someone who could be beside me all the time at work. To conclude, you will be my assistant. Feel free to help Charlotte during your free time, okay?" He looked at me waiting for me to answer him.

"Yes, yes, I understand, thanks!" I replied nervously and excitedly at the same time.

"Okay then," Locus said as he stood up from his chair. "I'll be right back" he left outside as he took a blue folder with him. I believe he handed it to Charlotte because it took him a second as he came back empty-handed.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said as he walked back to his chair.

"Go ahead."

"Why did you choose me over all the other girls with more experience than I do?" I asked in a low voice that felt like I couldn't even hear my own voice.

"As I said to Charlotte to explain to you, I wanted to give you a chance to have experience and I will be testing you for 3 months and you will be getting paid during your training.

I looked at him and nodded my head toward him.

"Any other questions?" he questioned.

I shook my head "no, and umm thank you so much for giving me this chance and....I'm sorry for what I did earlier in the hall I didn't know..."

"That's fine, we can forget what happened in the past and start fresh. I gave everything you need to know to Charlotte and she can explain everything to you.

I responded, "Thank you for your time, and enjoy the rest of your day," and I extended my hand to him, and he shook my hand with mine. His hands felt so warm that I gathered me and broke my hands from his. After leaving his office, I went to Charlotte's desk, where she waited for me.