➳ The Aftermath

Sorry for the update in the middle of the story! For all of you old Soccer Queen readers I want to say. THIS BOOK CHANGED A LOT. I suggest you read it again because they are new parts and deleted parts to the book! Bella is also a totally new character.

thanks! and happy reading

○ Ⓢⓞⓒⓒⓔⓡ ○ Ⓠⓤⓔⓔⓝ ○

Today was monday, the first day back to school after the party. I was so nervous and I could already imagine what people would be saying about me.

I was too vulnerable and I hated myself for that.

Today I've decided to dress fancier than usual just so I could remind people that I was still Bella Salvatore and that I was strong. Not a weakling that was shown at the party.

I walked through the halls and the people were silent, I could hear the murmurs down the hall.

"She ran away at the party, I felt so bad for her."

"That Tiffany girl was a total bitch so Bella had the right to be a bitch back."

"We better not mess with Bella she's scary as fuck when she's angry. Did you see her face? Totally expressionless!"

I ignored the comment's and just kept walking. Finally I could see Jasper and Valentino at my locker.

"Hey," Jasper greeted softly. "Are you okay?"

I rolled my eyes, "Okay that was like one time, now everyone thinks i'm some pity parade." I knew Jasper was trying to be nice but I wasn't in the mood for pity. Plus I promised myself that I would never bring myself to be that vulnerable ever again.

"No one thinks your a pity parade Bella," Valentino said as he rolled his eyes playfully.

"Um yeah, they think i'm the victim. I'd rather be the bully," I pointed out.

Jasper's eyebrows came together in confusion, "Why the bully?" Jasper asked.

"Because the bully is in power not the victim," I stated. Making Valentino and Jasper roll their eyes in disbelief.

"Only you Bella," they said in unison. That phrase was something I was getting a lot lately, not that I minded.

"Anyways, don't worry, they think your the good bitch so it's fine," Valentino assured me. "I mean you were hella scary at the party."

I shrugged, I guess that somehow made me feel better.

"Okay, so now let's promise each other that this event never happened," I told them. I said it extra loud so that everyone in the hall could hear. They were easedropping anyways.

"Fine," they both caved in.

"But Bella remember, you can never run away from the past," Valentino said.

"Excuse me but i'm Bella Salvatore, the only girl on the boys soccer team. I can do anything so watch me," I huffed arrogantly and then strutted down the hallway. I could hear some people clapping at my recovery, knowing that I was alright after last nights events.

But I wondered, am I really alright?

○ Ⓢⓞⓒⓒⓔⓡ ○ Ⓠⓤⓔⓔⓝ ○

Throughout the whole day Valentino never left my side. Which I was glad for, he kept his promise. I think he was the first person I have trusted and he was the first person to ever see me cry.

I smiled as I walked to the cafetaria, Valentino right next to me.

When I reached the table, it seemed to be really quiet. Everyone looked really uncomfortable because I was there. I tried not to roll my eyes at them.

"It's okay to talk while i'm here, I'm not going to bitch out at you guys."

Some of the guys seem to chuckle and I even heard a: "Only you Bella."

"Well you heard her you little dickhead's, don't pity her," Bradley snapped at the boys. Automatically they all seemed to talk at his command. Bradley smirked at me playfully and I couldn't help but chuckle.

I've decided to follow Valentino's advice to try to trust people again.

"Thank's Bradley," I told him sincerly.

"wait what," he said. He looked at bit shocked and I could see Jasper raise his eyebrows in confusion.

"When have you guys become friends?" He asked as he looked back and forth between me and Bradley.

"No fucking way man!" Bradley retorted.

"We are not friends at all, i've decided to become a better person," I answered. I could see Valentino smiling beside of me. I was really thankful for him, I don't think I would've been able to get through the day without him.

But something felt wrong, really wrong.

"Wait a minute, Valentino why aren't you somewhere else. Don't you usually go and makeout with girls at lunch?" I asked him. He began to choke on his food, his face turning red. The whole table began to laugh at Valentino's cough fest.

Finally he began to speak, "Well I didn't want to leave you alone." He said sheepishly.

I mean I was really thankful for him but I didn't want him to risk his sex life for me, I wanted everything to go back to normal.

"It's fine Val, go and have fun," I gave him a little wink. He looked at me surprised and then shrugged it off.

The guys began to pat his back and let out wolf whistles as he walked towards a group of girls. Then he began to talk to one of them, the girl giggled and then followed him out of the cafetaria. Before they left, Valentino gave me one last look and smiled.

I laughed along with the other boy's, oh god Valentino will always be a player.

But for some reason my heart began to ache and I had no idea why.

○ Ⓢⓞⓒⓒⓔⓡ ○ Ⓠⓤⓔⓔⓝ ○