Desire

Katherine's POV

"Mrs. Plumber," a friendly voice said. I turned my head up from the bright screen of my laptop and saw my fellow reporter, Denton, holding a card. "This is for you, Plumber."

"Thanks Denton," I replied, grabbing the card. The cover was pretty simple; a drawing of a rose with the words. "You are my sunshine," under it: It felt smooth, and had little smudges of ink on it. Some corners were bent. I smiled as I instantly realized who did this, Jack. I opened the card, and looked at the handwriting inside.

Katherine,

I know your probably busy with work and stuff. But for 1 year of being togather, I want to tell you how much you meat to me. We may be a pain in the butt to each other, but it doesn't matter. You are still with me though my worse days.

Oh Jack, this is so sweet. The card is pretty messy. But I can just tell how much work went into it. I look at the back, seeing a tiny scribble in the middle.

Be ready

Be ready? I put the card away on my desk. Carefully looking back and forth a few more times. I go back to writing my article. A rough hand goes on my shoulder. I turn quickly and see Jack, smiling at me. "Jack! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" He kisses my cheek and reaches into his pocket to grab something, while I close my laptop. "Well that wasn't my goal. I know I already made ya something. But I wanted to give you just something a little more."

"You don't have to! The card is enough." He steps back from me, raising an eyebrow. "Ah, so a 10 page letter for me wasn't over the top?" I roll my eyes, avoiding his eyes smiling affectionately. "Well, you'se ready for a show of a lifetime?

"Sure." He taps his phone and a song starts to play, Oh no. Of course he chose to do this song.

"You are, my fire.

The one, desire,

believe when I say.

I want it that way"

Jack sits on the table, using the phone as a microphone. I smile as the song continues.

"But we, are two worlds apart.

Can't reach to your heart.

When you say.

That I want it that way."

He stands on the table, ripping his shirt off. I face palm, breathless with laughter as he continues. Newsies start to flood around my desk; wearing all white and tiny little sunglasses.

"Tell me why!

(Ain't nothin' but a heartache.)

Tell me why!

(Ain't nothin' but a mistake.)

Tell me why,

I never want to hear you say.

I want it that way."

I was more shocked than words can say at this point. Romeo goes up on my desk and grabs my hand. Looking me deep in the eyes.