Chapter 3

Chapter 3

●●●

Jungkook would have liked to say that it had been a one time thing.

That he wasn't stupid enough to let himself be dragged to parties where, at some point in during the evening, Jimin would cuddle up to him and the whole thing would repeat itself.

But reality was that Jungkook was apparantly stupid. And he liked how protective Jimin always got of him.

He didn't let any alphas even get close to him. Jungkook felt safe with Jimin... but it wasn't just all nice and sweet.

Sometimes Jimin would leave after... more often than not to hook up with some alpha that had caught Jimin's eye.

But for some reason Jungkook... didn't mind too much. After all, even after fucking some random alpha Jungkook was the one Jimin really trusted.

Spent time with... and always came back to.

Jungkook was Jimin's best friend and no one could take that away from him. Especially not some alpha one night stands...

At least that's what he had thought.

At least until one day Jimin came over to Jungkook's place smelling just the same he had the last three nights before.

Jimin never hooked up with anyone more than once. It wasn't really an official rule or anything, but alphas had never made him want to go back.

So when after that Jimin continued carrying around one alpha's scent, Jungkook could feel himself grow more and more anxious.

It wasn't just that though. That alone would have been bad enough, but for the first time since he had gotten to know Jimin the boy actually declined plans with him, telling him he was already meeting someone else. Who that was was more than obvious.

And it really shouldn't have been that bad. It wasn't like Jimin had completely stopped hanging out with Jungkook.

They still hung out almost daily... it was just that Jimin also met up with someone else.

To some extent Jungkook was just waiting for the heartbreaking news. Was just counting the days until Jimin would tell him that he was now dating the alpha he had found.

Jungkook could have asked about the alpha... but the thought of hearing about the person who could give Jimin what he would never be able to give just made him feel worse.

So he never asked. Just watched as Jimin and the guy started meeting up more, as Jimin's phone started vibrating with new messages more and more.

Watched as Jimin smiled at his phone in a way that had always been reserved for Jungkook...

Until he couldn't take it anymore.

And then he started distancing himself.

He knew that he had no reason to be this affected by this. Jimin still treated him with so much love and affection.

But he knew that all of that would come to an end once him and his alpha got official.

It was just a matter of time... and Jungkook couldn't stand waiting anymore.

Not when being in love with Jimin hurt this much.

So he distanced himself. He knew anyone would have called him stupid for doing so.

They were close friends after all.

But Jungkook knew that there was no way for him to get over his crush otherwise.