Business and Memories

Kane's POV

"Alexa, please get this to me or Carlton by lunch tomorrow, thank you."

"Yes sir." She answers me and I give her a tight smile as I make my way to my office.

Even though I'm still in school, I'm the most respected intern here, with my own office and I have free access to anything in the building. I learned that using my parents connection was a strength and once I learned that, I was golden.

I walk into my office and close to door, going to sit at my desk.

And I hate it here.

Someone once told me, two years ago that I would hate it here and I would wish I would have stayed. And they were right.

A part of me wishes that I could go and find him and tell him that I miss him and I'm sorry. That I've changed into the him I found when we first met.

Never in my life did I think I would end up an alcoholic working a white collar job and staying with the family that can't even look me in the eyes.

He was right.

And I miss him.

It's been two years and even so, I can't help but remember the way he used to tease me, hold me, and support me even when I doubted myself. Even when I thought he didn't care about me anymore.

He deserves better than me.

And so I stay away, hoping that he'll find his happiness and wishing it was me.

I wonder if he ever saw the first trail I ever helped on: Amateur Boxer, Scorpion Caught Doing Drugs. I got that bastard back for what he did to me, and I thought that it would make me feel better.

But it didn't take me back to the day I left my first sign of happiness behind.

And it didn't shove the words back into my mouth when I told him to walk away.

So here I am, two years later, stuck over the fact that I actually ending up Letting Go.

~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the last official chapter but I have one more after this that ends the book. Omg i'm so sleepy but I have a FT and if I gts I'm pretty sure I won't wake back up.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Do you eat fish sticks?