Habits and Cuddles

Dillan's POV

For the fourth time this week, I wake up to the feeling of a warm body beside mine, but unlike the first time, I am in no rush to push him away and leave or kick him out.

I forgot how nice it is not to fall asleep or wake up alone, and I'll admit I think the two of us have gotten addicted to the feeling. Every day after work, I find myself at some bar with Kane and we drink and find little drunken adventures until we end up at my house or his and fuck the night away.

I've never been one for sex, only because I don't like people enough any more to let them get close enough for that, but the way Kane touches my body and hits that spot in me just right has me just as addicted to him and his cocky smirks and I am to his warm body in the early morning. Though, I will admit, we haven't done anything besides fuck and drink together, and while it's completely fine by me for a one night stand, it feels weird knowing nothing about he man that takes care of your body every night.

The only thing I know about him if that his name is Kane, he has money, and he can't drive worth a shit.

Exactly why I don't let the bastard drive me to work when he asks. I keep telling him that it's because I don't want anyone to see him with me, and while it's true, I also can't stand the thought of being in the car, especially with someone that has proven to be reckless behind the wheel.

I'm not quite sure what the two of us have going on and it's not a question that I would like the answer to.

I still hate this man with every ounce of my being, but the way he fucks me when our minds are hazy and our bodies sensitive to the touch, it has me coming back for more every time. I came so hard last night, I didn't wake back up until around three. Which is sleeping in for me.

And the more I hang out with Kane, the less we drink and the earlier we go to someone's house to enjoy each other's bodies.

It's almost five now and I know that at any moment, Kane is going to be stirring awake and claiming that it's time to start lazing around. Knowing my role in this dynamic, I begin to try to untangle myself form his limbs only for them to tightens round me.

With a frown, knowing it's probably a reflex in his sleep, I try to pry his arms off to get myself away from his hard body but his arms constrict tighter around me. And I damn near jump out of my skin when his half sleep voice rises from behind me and settles into the still dark room. "Stop moving. I'm trying to cuddle you." He tells me and my eyebrows shoot up. Though I know it's usually me that's rushing us out of bed and into the day, it's still a surprise that the same asshole who looked at me like dirt beneath his shoes, doesn't want to get out of bed because he wants to cuddle.

"It's almost five." I tell him and he hums his response before he answers me.

"Sunday is my rest day. You don't have work until ten today. Rest a little." He tells me and I just lay there in quite shock as he clings on to me. I feel a familiar sense of panic fill me at the thought of having more interaction than out normal routine. People always want to ruin it with feelings and thoughts when things work perfectly fine as is.

No label.

No effort.

No strings.

No pain.

And yet every single time, things get complicated and messy no matter who it is.

And that's my cue to get the fuck out and turn away.

"Stop over thinking. I want a warm body not a promise ring. Go the fuck back to sleep." I hear from behind me and it makes my ears and face heat up in obvious embarrassment. Here I was thinking he wanted more, when he's only continuing the trend of a warm body craving another. Much more my style and speed than the lovely dovey pillow talk so many people are addicted to.

So with a calming mind and a warm body pulling me closing into their body, I enjoy laying around for once, knowing the prospect of sleeping in is impossible for me.

I lay there for about ten minutes when suddenly Kane speaks up, scaring me just as much as the first time.

"Yeah, I can't go back to sleep either. Let's go." He says, tapping his hand on my leg and I laugh to myself as he rolls himself off of the mattress and places his hands on his hips impatiently for me to follow. With rolled eyes and an amused grin I slide my feet on to the floor and slide back on my pair of boxers.

"Make me a sandwich." I demand with a raised brow and he dips into a bow, with his middle finger on display.

"As you wish, my prince."

He begins to lead the way out of the room and I pick up a pillow and throw it at the back of his head making him stumble into the door. He turns around with a glare and I shrug with clear amusement as I make my way to him and the door with an unexpected, though not unwelcome, smile on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ah yes, the best part of the love story, when they start to get past the physical part and start to fall in love. Is anyone else loving this book so far?

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Do you have any pets?