Forever Only Lasts So Long

Ripnami pt 2

1236 words

~~~~~

Tsunami practically soared as she flew to the hidden Sea Kingdom to see her family. And to see Riptide.

...Mostly Riptide.

Two years into their secret relationship, and they still hadn't been found by her mother or her loyal guards. Tsunami was still pretty surprised that no one gave them away.

And she and Riptide were so happy together. They met up in secret whenever she visited her home and whenever the Talons of Peace were around JMA. They had secret dates, covered by her friends or her siblings.

This would be the first time she visited Riptide in months and she couldn't be happier.But first, to get her visit with her mother over.

It wasn't that she didn't love her mother... it was just... her mother was intense. She was unreasonable. And she hated Riptide with every fiber of her being. Tsunami dreaded seeing her mother every time she visited.

"Auklet!" Tsunami cried. She swept her little sister up in her wings. "How are you?"

"Tsunami! I'm good. You're here? Awesome. Mother will want to see you."

"That's why I'm here. I'll see Mother for a few minutes and leave and spend the rest of the day with my favorite dragon ever."

"Riptide?"

"How did you guess?" Tsunami asked wryly.

"Oh... it was a wild guess. I mean it's not like you're in love with him and you ask to babysit me just so that you can sneak out with him every time you visit."

Tsunami laughed. "Oh my gosh, stop! I get it!"

Auklet's expression became serious suddenly. "Tsunami, I think you need to know something before you-"

"Darling!" Tsunami and Auklet jumped as Queen Coral approached them.

"Hello, Mother."

"How are you, sweetheart?"

"I'm fine. How are you? How are my brothers?"

"Your brothers are still as crazy and unmemorable as ever. They do make tons of messes everywhere. I mean honestly! How can my children be so unkempt?"

I don't know, she thought. Maybe because you hatched 32 of them and only ever pay attention to your three daughters and sometimes one of your sons?

"I have a surprise for you!"

"Really? What is it?" Tsunami asked, concerned. If this was what Auklet was worried about, it couldn't be a good surprise.

"Sandbar, come on out!"

A young SeaWing appeared and began to walk towards them. He had deep green scales with cobalt blue scattered throughout his body. His underbelly was a light pastel green color and his eyes were startlingly bright blue.

Sandbar looked at Tsunami and introduced himself.

"Princess Tsunami. It is an honor to finally meet the dragon I will marry."

~~~~~

Tsunami felt as if she had been slammed aside by a shark. Her eyes grew wide and she looked at her mother incredulously.

"Mother, what is this dragon doing here? What is he saying? Who are you?" This last question was directed at Sandbar.

"This young dragon is the most eligible bachelor for you to marry. He is of good blood, and is the son of one of my council members."