Reunion

I am running low on ideas, so if anyone has a one-shot that they want me to write, please tell me.

1209 words

~~~~~

When Winter wrote that letter to Qibli, he was being serious. He really did miss the gang, and he actually wanted to get together with them again.

But he knew that most attempts for childhood friends to meet ended in failure. It had been six years since they last met. They were all in different places in life. Winter, who was still single, was in the process of building a city. Turtle and Kinkajou were happily dating. Moon and Qibli were getting ready for marriage. And Peril? She had already been married to Clay for two years.

But somehow, Winter's hope of meeting the Jade Winglet became a reality.

~~~~~
Moon sent the letters to their friends after she had seen Winter's scroll to Qibli. The truth was, she also missed everyone and wanted to see them all.

So she drafted a letter to the Jade Winglet.

Dear Turtle, Peril, and Kinkajou,
How are you all? I actually wanted to ask you something. Do you want to get the Jade Winglet together again? We miss everyone and I want to see us all together like old times. Please get back to me.
Love,
-Moon

Since then, she had gotten swift replies from her friends, who were all open to the idea. After a few months of planning, they set a date and time to meet up.

~~~~~

Several years after their winglet shook up the world (literally), they were finally meeting.
Truth be told, Turtle couldn't deny the flutters of panic and worry in his chest.

What if his friends had changed too much? What if he had changed a lot? What if they didn't connect like they used to? What if they didn't like him anymore?

All these worries and more kept him pacing around their hut in the rainforest until Kinkajou snapped him out of it.

"Turtle, it's fine! Stop worrying."

"What if-"

"I know exactly what you were thinking and I don't even need Moon's mind reading power to understand. Listen, nothing bad is going to happen. We were friends before, and time is not going to change that. Just calm down and look at me."

Turtle swallowed and complied.

"Repeat after me. 'I, Turtle, hereby declare that I am calm. I will not worry about the baseless concerns that are running around in my brain right now. I love Kinkajou. I also will shut the door whenever I go anywhere.'"

"Those last two have nothing to do with what we were talking about."

"That's not the point. Just say it."

He rolled his eyes. "'I, Turtle, hereby declare that I am calm. I will not worry about the baseless concerns that are running around in my brain right now. I love Kinkajou. I also will shut the door whenever I go anywhere.' Are you happy now?"

"Yes. Let's go!"

~~~~~

Aside from her firescales, Peril knew that she was very different from her clawmates. Not only was she formerly evil, but she was also clumsy and irresponsible. And she was at least four years older than them all. As students, it wasn't that bad. They connected. But she was fourteen years old now and married. She was the only one in the group who was.

She was definitely excited to see her friends again, but she was worried. What if they were too different now? She wouldn't fit in.

She went to the get together with an awkward smile and low expectations.