Day 1| Better Than A Friend

Heeeey! It's the day one of the Flumptober challenge

Heeeey! It's the day one of the Flumptober challenge. I know I'm late but school had me down for a few days. BTW for you readers some Flumptober candy!  🍬🍭🍬🍭

Prompt: Inspired by a funny meme or book quote.

🍁•🍁•🍁•🍁

"There is nothing better than a friend – unless it's a friend with chocolate."

— Linda Grayson

🍁•🍁•🍁•🍁

Seven year old Lloyd nervously chewed his lip as he peeked inside his How To Be Bad – Grade 2 textbook. He made sure Mr Dakota was busy yelling at Sammy and quickly skimmed over paragraph two of Chapter 1.

He had forgot to learn the basics of bad behaviour last night. His classmates had learned it off by heart while he was stuck in the bathroom since someone had locked him inside. The woes of attending a school for bad boys.

For the life of him, he never understood why you needed an entire school to learn how to be bad. Just do whatever the people don't approve of – duh. He could just make up a few rules himself but that meant getting the cane from the teacher. And no, it wasn't a candy-cane. Mr Dakota wanted every answer as it was in the book. Word-to-word.

Mr Dakota called everyone by their names one by one and asked them to recite a specific paragraph. After Sammy, it was Brad's turn, then Neil's and finally Lloyd's. His hands were getting sweaty as he desperately tried to cram up all the points in his mind.

Sammy sat and Brad stood up.

Lloyd tried to hide behind the standing figure of his dorm mate so that his teacher couldn't see he had his book out. Neil, who sat in front of him, turned around in his nervousness but stopped as he saw what Lloyd was doing.

"Are you crazy?!" Neil whisper-shouted, pointing at the book. "Mr Dakota's gonna kill you!"

Lloyd rolled his green eyes and snapped, "Mind your own business!" He then resumed his frantic skimming. He panicked as his teacher's voice grew louder. He had moved one seat closer. Brad sat down and Neil got up.

Lloyd absentmindedly kept reading the same sentence, not understanding any of it. As soon as Neil sat down again with a breath of relief, the blonde moved like lightning. He quickly shoved the book into the compartment under his desk and sat up straight.

"What do we have here?" Mr Dakota asked in a sarcastically amusing voice. "If it isn't the son of the legendary Lord Garmadon." He looked at Lloyd with contempt.