Day 13| Survival Of The Fittest

Candy for one, candy for all!🍭🍭🍬🍬

Prompt: "At least this can't get any worse!"

🍁•🍁•🍁•🍁

"Argh! This is so not my day!" Kai yelled, getting up from the muddy puddle he had slipped in and shaking the wet earth off of himself. He made to follow his team but lost his footing and crashed yet again into the muck.

Cole and Jay laughed till their sides hurt, leaning on one another. Kai raised his head, his face smeared with mud. He spat some of it out of his mouth and glared at the chuckling duo.

Lloyd came over, trying to hide his own chuckles before helping Kai up from off the ground. "Maybe we should rest for a while."

They all agreed quickly and sat down on the mossy ground, resting their backs against tree trunks or boulders. Kai grumbled as he wiped dirt off his red tank top and brown shorts.

"Ugh! It got in my hair," he complained, untying the crimson headband and ruffling up his brown spikes, sending a shower of mud on an annoyed Jay.

"No offense, Lloyd," Nya began, picking at the strap of her tank top, "but your uncle has absolutely no idea what 'enjoyable excursions' mean." She stole a glance at her brother who was grumpily swatting away mosquitoes which seemed to be bugging him only.

"In what world is island survival enjoyable?" Cole voiced his thoughts, throwing up his hands. His stomach growled as he looked down at it in pity. "We haven't even had anything to eat except for those stupid, insect-infested mangoes!"

"Mangoes," Jay mumbled sleepily. "Mangoes everywhere. They won't stop coming."

Zane reached over and grabbed the basket he had been carrying for fruits. "We do have this basket full of coconuts."

Kai eyed the green fruits hungrily, wanting nothing more than to crack one open and devour it. "Coconuts which we haven't figured out how to open yet," he groaned, slumping against a tree stump lazily.

"Come on," Lloyd said in a failed attempt at encouragement. "We know all about the toughness of the concrete jungle. It's time to face the real wild side of the world."

"Dude," Cole blurted. "Are you saying we haven't been in the wild?" He fixed Lloyd with an expectant look as the blonde scratched his hair in thought.

"Let me enlighten you," Jay spoke up, disturbing an anthill with a twig. He cleared his throat before listing off his fingers, "The Caves of Despair, the Frozen Wastelands, the Floating Ruins, the Forest of Tranquility, the Toxic Bogs, the Birchwood Forest, the Dark Island, the Endless Sea, Hiroshi's Labyrinth, outer space mind you, Chen's island, the Wailing Alps, that crazy Tiger Widow island, Primevel's Eye, the Desert of Doom, the forests of the Never Realm, Okino's maze and the dungeons of Shintaro."