Day 15| "How Would You Like To Become A Ninja?"

Candy! 🍭🍬🍭🍬

Candy! 🍭🍬🍭🍬

Prompt: "Excuse me- that was my smoothie."

This occurs in the Movie universe.

🍁•🍁•🍁•🍁

I yawned loudly as the early sun shone in my eyes through my bedroom window. I rolled in my bed to the other side, squinting at the alarm clock.

I furrowed by brow at the glowing red digits which read 6:30 a.m. That was odd. It was a school day and normally I don't wake up even when Mom is literally screaming in my ear to get ready for school.

What was about today that woke me up so early? I scratched my blonde hair, messing it up even more. My eyes widened as I remembered and a feeling of overwhelming dread made its home in the pit of my stomach.

Today was my twelfth birthday.

I groaned, throwing an arm over my face in frustration. While most kids would get excited and jump around on their birthdays, I preferred to stay in my bed and sulk till the day was over. I hated my birthday.

I basically hated every day of my life but my birthday drew more unnecessary attention towards me. Even though I was the only son of an evil warlord who attacked the city on a daily basis, nobody restrained themselves from insulting me knowing I can just dial dear ol' daddy's number and have him come beat the living daylights out of them.

That wasn't the case however. Dad – scratch that – Garmadon doesn't even know I exist. I mean he obviously does but I'm pretty sure he doesn't care. I don't care about him either though.

I was so not looking forward to spending my birthday listening to things like "Garmadork" or cheers like "L-L-O-Y-D – The demon spawn we love to tease" or the sarcastic "Thanks, Lloyd" every time Garmadon attacked.

I crawled out of my bed and made my way down the hall of my apartment. Mom was probably asleep and wasn't going to wake up till seven-thirty since that's when she gets ready for work.

Though she would sometimes be oblivious to the fact that having a positive attitude never works, she was still probably the most awesome mom anyone could ever have.

She would even take some time off work just to be there when I returned home from school. She would make me laugh and then take me to drink smoothies. I wonder if she gets insulted by people at her workplace just like me. Just because she doesn't live with my father didn't mean people don't associate her with him. She was married to him once after all.