Chapter 8

My eyes were being covered right now. "Ok...We're here" I opened my eyes and I saw a study. A huge study with hundreds of books lined up on the wall. "This is my fathers study. I begged him to let you use it and he agreed. All these books are first editions and most are academic journals" I could feel my tears welling up. I walked over to a section and pulled out a book. I pulled out War and Peace, one of the greatest books of all time and this is a first edition. I cried.

"It's beautiful" she laughed and wiped my tears "Come on, you promised you'd try to be social today" I put the book back and followed her.

We went to her game room where I saw Kai playing pool and Irene with her boyfriend Hanbin. Irene saw us and she quickly walked away. We saw like three couples sitting in a group. "Ooh couples truth or dare, I want to join" she walked me over there and I sat down first so she could sit on my lap. It was Irene's turn "Who said I love you first" was the question asked to Irene "Hanbin" the guys laughed and he waved them off.

"Ok Lisa. Truth or dare" I shrugged and said "Truth" Hanbin grinned and said "So between you and Kai, who do you think was better at sex" Kai looked over and folded his arms. I chuckled softly and said "I know it's me" everyone was shocked and Kai said "Jennie please inform this girl that she's not better than me" Jennie just looked at me and then she glanced at him "Kai...she's better"

Jennie said and his eyes widened. The guys were laughing "Dude, How did she beat you, she doesn't even have a dick"

"Yeah Irene, would you care to add on"

Jennie said and everyone was confused and Jennie said "It's your turn to ask truth or dare" I saw some of Irene's color come back and she said "Right, truth or dare" she asked Jennie "Dare" Jennie said and somehow I got the feeling that she said that on purpose. "I dare you to kiss for thirty seconds without stopping" Hanbin said and she turned to me.

"No problem" I grabbed her neck and pulled her into a kiss. We didn't go far enough to use tongue but she did start to let her hands travel. "time" she didn't stop "Jennie. Down girl!" She pulled back and rolled her eyes.

We played the game for twenty minutes then Kai said "Hey Jennie's girlfriend" I sighed and looked at him "Do you play" he held up a pool stick "No I don't, sorry" I said and he said "Well I'm challenging you to a game, for Jennie" everyone just stopped what they were doing.

"You realize she's not a prize to be won and she can choose who she wants to date" he nodded and said "You say that but she chose me and you threatened to break my arm so I feel like you should take this damn stick" I sighed and stood up.

I took the stick and he said "It's easy, this is the queue ball, you hit it into the other balls to get them into the pockets. I'll break" he set the balls up and hit them. One of the balls went into the pockets "I'm solids. You only hit the striped balls and don't hit the 8 ball in until all your stripes are gone. If you hit a ball in you get to go again." I nodded

He hit two more balls in then he missed so I'm guessing it was my turn. I mimicked his stance but I wasn't able to hit anything in. He hit another ball in before missing and I still wasn't able to get anything "I feel like you're about to lose your girlfriend" he missed and Jennie said "Baby use math" I was confused and she said "The whole game is about angles. I'm pretty sure there is some type of formula for that" she's right. I walked over to the table.

If I hit the ball in a 62 degree angle then that should go into the pocket. I did just that and the ball went in. I did that to the rest of the stripes and he said "No way, you're cheating" I finished by hitting the 8 ball in and the guys just started laughing "Kai you're not getting her back" Hanbin said as he laughed. I might play this game more often.

I was sitting in the study reading. I've already read like ten new books in the three days I've been given access. As I was reading the door opened and a tall man walked in "Who are you" I could immediately see that Jennie and him had the same exact mesmerizing eyes.

"Hello sir I'm Lisa Manoban" he put his bag down and said "Alright Lisa, I haven't given you permission to be here though" I raised my eyebrow and said "Jennie said you said I could read your books" his eyes widened and he said "I thought she was talking about a guy named Manoban. She never told me she was dating a...never mind" he folded his arms.

"Why are you here though, wouldn't you rather be out partying." I shook my head softly and said "No sir, I'm not a party person. I'm more of a stay up late and read type of person...that's what I think fun is." He just chuckled and I said "Is what I said funny?" he shook his head and walked over

"No it's just that my daughter is nothing like you. She doesn't care about reading or doing her homework. She cares about drinking and spending money on expensive food" now I was chuckling.

"Sir that was your daughter a week or two ago but since she's been with me she's changed. She is a party girl at times but she does her work, I'm hard on her about that stuff. She likes seeing an A on her test and she likes when I'm proud of her. I'm not saying I'm trying to change her into me but I'm trying to balance the important stuff as well" he looked impressed "Well thank you very much young lady. I do need my study for a bit" I placed my bookmark in the book and left.

I walked into Jennie's room and I saw her sitting on the bed with Irene right next to her. "Ok...which one of you are in danger"

Jennie motioned me over and I sat next to her. Irene sighed and said "So I was telling Jennie the actual story of us and what I did. I also promised to stop interfering" I nodded and said "Well I actually told Jennie about us a few weeks ago so she already knew" Irene's eyes widened and she said "So this whole time you've hated me and lied about it" Jennie sighed

"No, I try not to hate anyone but I did think what you did was very hurtful and I may have went out of my way to make you jealous a few times. But you know that I wasn't going to kick you off the team or physically do anything to you because as your captain I am still supposed to have some respect for you" Irene nodded and looked at her lap "Lisa is it possible that we could try to be normal friends again" I looked at my lap.

"I know what I did was wrong and I know that lately I've been crazy but I promise I'll be good. Jennie can supervise us every time we have a conversation." Jennie folded her arms and said "If you try anything and I mean anything I will come for you" Irene nodded and then she said "But as the ex, there is a lot of information that I have that you don't so if you want to acquire that you have to be nice. I'm talking about information I got after six months" Jennie's eyes lit up as she said "Like what"

"She can sing. But there's so much more" Irene left and Jennie looked at me "She's joking right?" I nodded softly but she knew I was lying. "It's ok, I'll pry it out of you" she was about to leave but I grabbed her hand

"Ok, I just copy notes and frequencies. I'm not really artistic, I don't write songs or anything" she climbed on my lap and said "If you sing to me about anything, literally anything, my clothes will magically disappear in front of your eyes" I nodded and said "I'll take it into consideration" are all teenagers this horny...I really hope not.

*****

HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVES!❤️