Evicted

"Mommie!" Violet jumped onto my bed, waking me up.

"What is it, Bug?"

"Are we going to see Joonie today?" I smiled at the cute nickname she had for him. He'd make a great dad.

"Yes, we are going to see Joonie today."

"Yay!" she ran off back in the direction of her room. I heard a knock on the door. When I answered it, I was not greeted by the friendly dimpled smile I was expecting. Instead, my landlord's assistant was standing on the porch with a slip of paper in his hands.

"Good morning, Vivian. I have something to drop off."

"Um, good morning Mr. Sanders." I took the paper from his hands. It was an eviction notice.

"Wh-what is this?"

"The boss heard about you losing your job, and then you missed this month's rent. I tried to reason with him, but there was nothing I could do. I'm really sorry, Vivian." I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Um, thank you. H-have a nice day." I closed my door and stared at the piece of paper in my hands. I had a week to move.

"Mommie, who was at the door? Was it Joonie?"

"Uh, no, Bug. It was someone else. Go play for a little bit, I have to call Grandma." She skipped off the her room while I grabbed my phone.

(-)

My mom and I made the decision to move me and Violet into her spare bedroom and to put all my extra furniture in a storage garage. She immediately called a moving company and got a crew to my house. My mom sat in the yard playing with Violet while I sat on the couch, trying to figure out what I was going to do. The crew was taking everything out of my house and putting it in boxes and taking it to the truck. I was crying, I didn't know what to do, when I heard a familiar voice.

"Vivian? I hadn't heard from you all day, you, what's going on?" It was Namjoon. I didn't know what to say, so I just handed him the paper. He sat down next to me, reading it. "Viv, why didn't you call me? I could figure something out." I shook my head.

"You've already done enough us. I'm going to stay with my mom, it's only like a half hour away." The crew came in saying they needed to load the couch. It was then that I noticed there was nothing in my house but the couch. We got up and let the crew the couch. We walked outside, I shut and locked the door behind us.  

"You guys could stay with us until you get back on your feet. You could stay in my room, the couch is fine for me. Violet would love to play with the dogs every day." I walked toward my car. My mom had already loaded Violet and left.

"I-I can't. I can't stay with you. And I can't explain why. When everything settles down and my head stops spinning, we'll come see you guys." I got in the car and drove of, completely regretting it, the only thing keeping me from bawling me eyes out being the little girl in the backseat. I had to stay strong for her.