"The Reality"

-Chapter 12-

"You are not going to leave this room until I said so, Yukiyo."

Kaname's words dangled with finality. He stood up to make his leave but I was fast enough to block his way to the exit.

His face remained impassive, so I too, held back the nervousness that slowly attacked me.

"You're not leaving this room either unless you tell me where Yuki is."

I demanded, desperate in hiding all my unnecessary emotions.

Ichijo already left, or more like Kaname forced him.

He respects Kaname not just as the 'leader' but as a friend too so he had no choice but to follow Kaname's orders.

"Yukiyo, your sister is in good condition. You don't have to worry about her."

My fist clenched, trying my best not to cry in front of him. He still sees me as a kid, doesn't he?

"I can't. Why are you keeping her away from me? You know I won't do anything!"

I cried out, my voice desperate. I cursed my lack of self-control. If Ichijo was here, he would've whisked me away to calm me down unlike this Pureblood who doesn't even care about me.

"Yukiyo, don't make me do something I'll eventually regret."

His words stung me with a pang.

Regret.

I remembered that one word. That was the only feeling I had when my brother died. Because of me he. . .

By the time I could utter another word, tears streamed down my face. My heart aches so much to speak and I felt myself trembling in despair.

The memories I tried my best to hide, resurfaced at the wrong place at the wrong time and in front of the wrong person. How wrong can this dream get?

Memory:

"Oniichan!" a little girl dressed in a frilly dress ran towards a boy in the age of 15. Even with the 8 years of gap, it was so obvious that they're close.

"Geez Cici. Your speaking in japanese again."

The raven-haired boy tried to sound harsh and mad but in doing so would only make her little sister cry so it came out as a soft lecture instead.

"But oniichan, it sounds cute doesn't it?"

The boy nodded his head in agreement. It's a fact that japanese people talks a little sweet. For her little sister to even imitate their tone is amazing.

Without any further discussion, the boy hugged the girl for a goodbye.

"Yeah, Oniichan have to go now okay? "

That day if I stopped him, he wouldn't have to go through such an incident. If only. . .

End Of Memory:

Kaname's right. If I get to see my sister, what then? Hugs, kisses, words of affection. Im sure I'll do it all to her but after I've run out of options, what will I do?

Will my journey end here right after I see her? Hopefully not. I'm not ready to face reality yet. . .

"Fine then,"

I sighed in defeat, my shoulders slumped as a proof.

"I won't complain again, but-"

With the speed faster than lightning, or if that's even possible, I dashed off past him and out of the door.