5.

Jordan's POV
"Aaaaaannd send", I stated as I submitted my first assignment due by the end of the week.

I had just submitted my typed piece and I already felt drained.

I had three more to go. One of which was a ten page essay on any topic of my choice and the other two were worksheets.

It was currently 2:30PM.

Kennedy was at work. She'd be home in about 30 minutes. If she didn't request overtime.

Wednesday's were her day off from school like me. But instead of staying home, she sometimes picked up extra shifts.

I had told her about the invitation to the club appearance later to which she agreed. And I told her that she could bring Darius if she wanted to.

I was trying my best to finish at least two out of four of my assignments which should include the 10 page essay.

The worksheets could be completed at a later date. They were due Friday.

I stretched as I heard my phone buzz.

Checking the notification. It was Nau'jour DMing me to see if I would be able to attend the club appearance.

Deciding not to respond until I had at least halved the essay. I flipped a page as I started to jot down possible topics for my essay.

___________________________________________
One hour later
"Honey. I'm hooome", I heard Kennedy yell from the front door closing it.

"I'm in my bedroom.", I shouted back.

I heard her footsteps before I saw her.

"What ya doing?", she asked standing in my doorway.

"Colburne's stupid ten page essay., I replied searching for some articles.

"What topic did you choose?", Kennedy asked walking towards me.

"Mental health and Society.", I responded dryly.

"I mean. I would write about music. But my last two essays were about that topic. Which in my defense were different. I wrote on the origin of Hiphop last time. And the origin of Reggae the time before that.", I stated with a pout as Kennedy laughed.

"So why didn't you choose RnB this time?", Kennedy asked.

"Beeecaause. Colburne says if I write another essay about music he's going to deduct marks from my paper.", I said turning to Kennedy with a huff.

"Okay. Seeing as I'm all caught up with school work and my labs are completed. I'll go change and come help you.", Kennedy offered to which I gratefully accepted.

"Oh by the way. Darius would love to come with us. He offered to be the designated driver.", she stated.

"That's fine. You can travel with him. I will drive my Jeep.", I said watching as Kennedy smiled and then left.

Now that is what I liked about Kennedy. She allows me to have choices without forcing me.

I love my Jeep and I love night drives. I don't drink or smoke, so I won't need a designated driver and I really don't feel like third wheeling tonight.

"I'm back and I ordered pizza.", Kennedy stated breaking me from my thoughts.

"Okay. Thanks. So this is what I found so far", I said to her as she sat on my bed with her laptop and we got to work.
___________________________________________
Toosii POV
"Okay y'all. I'm finna get off live now. make sure you pull up to Club Stryd tonight at 8:30. Ima be there.", I said into the phone as I ended the live.