FIVE

I was busy packing my bag for a two days and one night stay in Singapore with Mr. Lim when I felt my knees wobbled underneath me.

I realized I haven't eaten my lunch today. I was so focused on my proposal for expansion for tomorrow's meeting with Mr. Peter Torres, the husband of Cassandra, at Hotel Michael located in Resorts World Sentosa.

Just by hearing its name, I felt excited to travel once again. I used to travel alone before I gave birth to my twins.

Depression got the best of me when I ended my relationship with Rocket in college so I resorted to bars and travelling.

I went to Singapore before and stayed at Cherryloft Hotel since it's the first time I tried flying solo.

I sighed remembering how I got lost at that moment.

I went downstairs to check the kids being taken cared of by my cousin, Louisse. She's a perky nineteen-year old cousin of mine who never fails to post everything about herself on board.

She regards herself as a "social butterfly". She's actually pretty popular with her schoolmates in one of the most prestigious universities in the Philippines.

"Cuz!" Louisse exclaimed and gave me a brief hug when she saw me walking to their place. "I missed you! Buti naman at naalala mo ako na mag-alaga sa mga pamangkin ko!"

I smiled and hugged her back.
"Thank you talaga cuz ha. Importante lang talaga tong meeting namen sa client namen eh."

"No worries! Ano ka ba! Favorite cousin kaya kita!" Louisse said in a cheerful tone.

Nasabi ko na bang hyper din ang energy nya? Ayun nga.

"Kumain ka na ba, Cuz? Tara kain tayo." I said and went to the dining room.

"Kumain na ako, Cuz. Alas dos na kaya! Late ka na naman kumain. Naku, girl! Mag ka-ulcer ka nyan!" Louisse shook her head and continued playing with my children.

I got myself a plate and utensils as well as my glass of water. I started to dig in and ate my food.

Ate Lara asked for a three-day leave because her mother was rushed to the hospital. That was also my flight schedule to Singapore so I asked my cousin to take my kids with her this weekend.

Luckily, Louisse was more than happy to take in my kids while I am away for work.

As soon as I was finished with my food, I washed the plates and returned them to the dishwasher.

I told my cousin that I will just get the twins' bag with clothes enough for three days. I also made sure that their milk bottles and diapers are with them.

I double-checked everything before I gave Mang Caloy, her driver, the twins' bag.

"Na kay Mang Caloy na mga damit nila baby ha. Isesend ko din sa messenger yung vitamins schedule nila O. I will also send to you their Pediatrician in case something came up while I was--" I said and gazed at my twins who were busy choosing their own clothes inside their bedroom.

Olga pulled her pink Hello Kitty shirt and pink pants. She bent down to put on her shoes but Oliver saw her and put it on his sister instead.

"Awwww! Ang sweet ni Oliver!" My words were cut off by Louisse's voice realizing she's also looking over the twins as they prepare to stay with their Tita Louisse. "Gusto ko na tuloy magkababy!"

I slapped her butt and she chuckled.
"Mahadera ka girl! Magtapos ka muna  at magtrabaho bago ka mag-anak!" I exclaimed.

"Ano ba, cuz! I was just kidding!" Louisse laughed at sinandal ang likod sa couch sa kwarto ng mga bata. "Lilibutin ko pa ang mundo at magtatayo muna ako ng fashion line ko bago ako magproduce ng cute na cute na mga bagets!"

"Yes. That should be your goal." I nodded, still not taking my eyes off my kids.

This time, Oliver put on his favorite Doraemon shirt and a pair of jeans. He chose slippers instead of shoes.

I laughed at his choice. My kid is really a cutie!

Isa yan sa mga napansin ko sa kanya. Ayaw nyang nakukulob ang paa nya. Gusto nya malaya nyang nakikita ang maliliit nyang mga daliri sa paa at madaling natatanggal nya ito pag gusto nya.

"Whaat! No, Baby!" Louisse exclaimed seeing my son's choice of footwear. "You wear shoes instead of slippers."

"Nooo!" Oliver yelled and crossed his tiny arms over his chest and his eyebrows started to meet. "Ayokooo!"

I laughed even harder when Louisse convinced him to wear shoes but my son was deaf to her pleas.

"Give it up, Lou. Yan ang peg nya. Wag mo sinisira mood ng anak ko." I chuckled at nilapitan ang mga bata.
"Ang pogi naman ng baby boy ko. at ang pretty ni baby girl." I smiled and kissed their cheeks.

"Hay cuz! Kung hindi ko lang mahal ang mga batang yan, nako, sinira ko na trip nila." Louisse shook her head and laughed.

"Mamimiss ko mga babies koo!" I sighed and embraced them.

"Sama kami, 'my!" Oliver jumped with his arms stretched out.

Olga was quiet beside him as if thinking deeply.

"Sorry baby. Magwowork si mommy. Buy ko nalang kayo ng favorite nyong chicken joy pagkauwi, okay ba yun?" I asked hoping to stop him from whining.

Oliver seemed to think for a moment and looked at his sister. "Okay!! Chickenjoy!" Oliver chanted. "Chickenjoy! Chickenjoy!"

"O sya, kung tapos na moment nyong mag-iina, aalis na kame bago magtantrums ang mga bagets. Baka abutin din kame ng ulan sa daan." Louisse said and stood up.

"Nako, oo nga. Ang mga anak ko ha. Mag-online ka palagi. Magchachat ako  pag nakahanap ako ng oras." I said and kissed my kids' cheeks again.

Hinatid ko sila sa garahe. Both my kids are behaved while holding my cousin's hands as we went to her car.

"Oo, ako na bahala dyan. Enjoy and have fun, cuz." Louisse winked at kissed my cheek.

Pumasok agad si Olga sa backseat at sumunod si Louisse para pumagitna sa magkapatid.

Ako na ang nagsarado ng pinto at mabilis na nagpaalam sa kanila.