The First Dance

The weather has been decent the past two days on patrol. The sky was clear and wind was lightly blowing, causing a small breeze just enough to cool those who needed it. The lack of snow made the travel much easier than expected for the group. "Hey Adam, find anything good?" Ellie finished putting bottled water into her backpack.

The group was sent to search what used to be an old hotel. Luckily, they didn't run into much trouble with infected. "Actually, a vending machine was left completely untouched." Adam responding handing Ellie a chocolate bar. "Thanks man, I haven't had real chocolate in forever." Ellie never patrolled with Adam before, he was still new to Jackson. She really enjoyed his company so far, and his skills seemed advanced.

"Hey don't sweat it, there's enough to go around." Adam shrugged as both him and Ellie went to catch up with the rest of the group. "Alright guys, great job on this run, went smoother than expected. We should head back before we run out of luck with the weather." Ellie exclaimed as she made her way onto shimmer. As the four made their way back to Jackson, Ellie couldn't believe how much she missed y/n." All of her thoughts were consumed with the idea of returning home to her. It took effort to move her mind to other thoughts. Each infected she killed to get out of her way, each gap she jumped, each item she picked up along the way motivated her. Nothing would stop her from making her way back to her. "Alright shimmer, how about we make our way back home to y/n." Ellie said as she smiled to herself.

____________________________________

You spent the last two nights sleeping in Ellie's bed, which was now your bed too. Dina and Jesse easer your anxiety as they spent most of their time with you. It was nice having Jesse around, Dina was happiest with him. The days were easy, you were surrounded by people you love. At night, when the sun went down, and the rest of the town was sound asleep, you held onto Ellie's grey hoodie. You held on so tight under the blankets there was almost no air to breath. The pillows still had her scent which you inhaled so slowly you almost forgot to exhale.

"Okay, I think this is the last bag." Jesse exhaled as he dropped your belongings next to Ellie's bed. Dina rubbed her hands as if she did all the heavy lifting. "Well I'm exhausted." Dina laughed as Jesse caught his breath. Dina made her way over to the couch and kicked her feet up on the coffee table. You shot her a confused look. "What? You're my sister and you live here. That means I can come over whenever I want." Dina smiled as she picked up an old comic. You made your way over to Dina and placed yourself next to her on the couch. You liked having Dina around. She's always been your rock.

"I've got to run ladies, I'm relieving the incoming patrol." Jesse kisses Dina on the cheek before running out the door. "Thanks babe! Be safe out there. And send Ellie back quickly before y/n has a stroke." She turned the pages of the comic as she shot you a look. "Thanks again Jesse, I owe you one." You ignored your anxiety about Ellie being outside the walls. "Relax y/n she will be back in the next couple of hours." You now places your feet up onto the tables and took the comic from Dina's hands. "What? I'm your sister and I live here. I can do what I want."

____________________________________

The clock moved slowly, but it was almost 6:00pm. Soon Ellie would walk through that door and be with you, she would be home. But the clock kept coming, and Ellie wasn't home. First the clock read 6:30, then 7:00, then 7:30. You began to pace around the small house, around the kitchen towards the couch and back. You were beginning to wonder if you should head to the stables to see what was going on.

A sounds quickly came from the door as it opened faster than ever before. There she was, her smile ear to ear, she is perfect to you. "Hey babe! I missed you so much!" Ellie through her bag to the flow. You wasted no time as you wrapped your arms around her as the door was still wide open. "I am so relieved that you're home." You took a moment before you loosened your grip.