Chapter 10. The second half to our whole night.

Y/N POV:

Pony and I had been talking for a while now. Enjoying our milkshakes, eating our fries, and what not. Although it was very nice I was still tired from the day we had. Soon he payed for the stuff and we headed out back to my place. I love my apartment it's amazing and cozy and perfect for me. Being a 14 year old female in 1965 with her own place and life to take care of was hard. Dally could do it but he was male and looked mature for his age which he wasn't behavior wise but mentally he was gone of all innocence he had once had. My brother had seen too much of this world so he protects me from it when he can. But that's besides the point. "Ya know I wish I had my own place like you. You don't have to deal with anyone and get to do whatever you want in your own space." Pony says to me snapping me back to him. "Yeah it's nice and all Pony but it does get lonely. I mean I never liked my parents so I know it was different but whenever I had Dal around it felt comfortable. But being alone at age 14 at a place is kinda scary. At any given moment something could happen and I wouldn't know what to do." I say to him and he only nods. I knew he had issues with his oldest brother Darry back at home. I didn't know the guy enough to judge him but I know that Pony wasn't very fond of him. But at least he had it good. He still lives with him and his other brother Sodapop and at the end of the day he had family. I have Dally but it's different. Dally is out drinking or fighting or looking for a girl. I know my brother loves me but he loves himself and his own personal life more. We obviously don't live very close and I don't have much of a connection with him anymore. He took care of me on the streets as a baby, toddler and kid, but when it comes to now my brother is on his own and so am I. If anything I call him up or something but it's not the same as Pony. Pony has two brothers and yes they are usually working but they do it for the sake of all three of them but me? Dally doesn't even have a job to start off with. He calls me usually when he needs something. We love eachother but it doesn't feel the same anymore.

How did the subject of my living on my own end up in a sob story about how I miss being close with my brother. Hah anyways... "Well I'll protect you no matter what y/n. Maybe we can hang out sometimes and watch movies and stuff ya know?" He smiles at me and I smile back happily. Finally we get to my door and I unlock it and we go inside. Pony only looks around like he has done and goes to my couch that he always goes to. I lock my door and set my keys down. I go to turn on the tv and  sit on the couch. Deja Vu is what I feel. Him and I have repeated something we've done before. The first time he came over a few days ago. I don't even last a few a minutes long before I fall asleep. I feel comfortable and slowly drift off.

I suddenly wake up when it seems to be later at night. The tv is off and I am laying on and kinda beside Pony. I smile at his sleeping face. He looks so handsome and it makes my heart melt like ice cream in the Hot sun. I kiss his cheek and I go back to sleep. With Pony I feel like a whole different person. He makes me feel happy about myself and happy around him. When I'm with him I can be myself and it's okay. I'm so glad I left stupid New York or I wouldn't have known someone so amazing as Pony. This experience has been over night life changing. And I'm so thankful for it. Thankful for him. Truly being at ease. I slowly drift off again and shift my body as I fall back asleep.

—————-Time Skip———-

I wake up in the morning to see Pony and I being late. I start panicking and wake him up as he is under me. He shifts his body and ignores me. Finally I state "Pony wake up we are late!" I say to him and he jumps up. "We are LATE?" He says a bit scared. I only nod as I change the skirt from last night into and a pare of jeans and keep the shirt on. I brush out my hair, brush my teeth, and wipe off my makeup. I see Pony get some of my grease and put it in his hair. I only smile staring at him but rushing again. I slowly grab my scattered books and shove them in my bag. I see Pony finish and him and I run out the door. His house is on the way towards school and he tells me he left his bag outside and needed to get off his porch. We get there and he does. We head back on our way and it's 7:55 a.m for him it wasn't as late but for me it was. As long as we got there before 8:15 we should be fine. Him and I rush over there and finally get to the school. We meet up with Vanessa and Johnny and they smile at us. "Morning you guys." Johnny says. "Morning." Pony and I say in unison. Vanessa pulls me aside and asks me. "How was the night?" She smiles at me looking back and forth from me to Pony. This was gonna be a long day.