Chapter 33

"And...how are you going to protect us..?" South Korea asked, his voice a bit shaky. I gave him a slight chuckle. "I don't know, but I'll try my best." I said, reassuring him. I hated myself. I hated myself for a lot of things, and lying to them is one thing. These...these countries knew nothing. But they know they don't want to die.

"Anyways, when should we go out and visit America and Italy?" I asked, as I sat beside South Korea. He shrugged. "I-I don't know." He said, whispering as he shivered. "Is it just me or is it oddly cold today?" He said, chuckling as he looked at me. It felt forced. Again. I stood up to get him a blanket, but, before I could even leave, he grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me into his arms. I blushed, for a while, of course. I rolled my eyes. If he's gonna pull me, he should atleast do it more gently or something. I looked up, and saw his eyes. He looked...scared.

"Please do- don't leave for now." South Korea said as if he was begging me not to go. I smiled awkwardly at him as I adjusted myself. He let go of me, and sighed. I quickly sat properly next to him, looking at him in the eyes. "I thought you were cold. Don't you need a blanket?" I said, putting on a concerned look on my face. "Oh, uh, yeah." He said, quickly nodding his head. I could've sworn I saw a few tears. I slowly looked away and stood up. Before I reached the stairs, I looked back at him, tilting my head. "Wanna come with me?" I asked casually. He looked at me wide-eyed, and quickly nodded his head as he rushed towards my side.

The guy must be really scared. But I don't blame him. Imagine getting into a near death situation with a truck that's about to hit you.

Wait.

Wasn't I the one in a near death situation?-

Oh well. It didn't affect me as much as him, for some reason. Probably because I've gotten into a lot of near death situations in my life. He grabbed onto my shirt, causing me to look at his hand that was gripping on it. I sighed, and grabbed his hand. He looked at me with a slight blush on his face. I shrugged it off, and slowly walked with him up the stairs. His legs were still shaky, and he was still shivering from the shock. And also because he just passed out. You can't force someone who just passed out to walk, so I was lucky, giving him a small break before this happened.

"So, where's your room here?" I asked, looking at him with a reassuring smile. He slowly pointed at his room with shaky hands, and I followed the direction his hand was pointing at, while slowly walking with South Korea. "Here, right?" I asked, trying to make sure I got the right room. He nodded his head, and I slowly opened it to see a messy room. There was so much paper scattered around, instruments laying on the ground, and...albums of Korean artists? I tried not to focus on the mess, and just bring South Korea his blanket, or just make him sleep here.

"You look tired, dont'cha?" I asked, smiling at him as I tilted my head. "Huh? Oh, no!" He said, as he scratched his head, with a cheeky grin on his face. "But, I think I do need to just sit down and take a break. Maybe it will calm me down." He said, looking down, a smile still plastered on his face. I nodded my head, and looked towards his bed, and back at him. "Maybe you can just sit on your bed for a while?" I said, as I put my hands behind my back. It would be a good chance for him to rest, and maybe, a good time to clean his room. I guess being Cinderella from time to time isn't so bad.

I led South Korea to his bed, and he sat on it as he grabbed his blanket and wrapped it around him. "Alright! Now, let me just clean your room..." I said, mumbling the last part. He stared at me wide-eyed as he started waving his hand again. "Y/n! You don't need to-"

"Oh, I do. This place looks like a mess!" I said, as I started picking up the papers. He jumped out of his bed, and started helping me as well. "Oi, what are your doing?! You need some res-" I said, but South Korea cut me off. "I wanna help you!" He said, as he continued to pick up the papers. I chuckled, and South Korea looked at me, dumbfounded. "What? What is it?" He asked, as he went near me. "Well, I honestly don't know why. It just made me laugh!" I said, as I went to grab more papers and instruments laying all around the floor. South Korea put his pile of papers onto a table near his bed, and looked out the window.

I continued to pick up the pieces of paper, and put them on a separate table from where South Korea put the papers he gathered. I grabbed the instruments and put them in their places, and walked to South Korea, who was just looking out the window. "Hey there." I said, as I leaned on the wall next to the window. He looked at me and smiled. "Y/n. Did you finish?" He asked, looking back at his room. "Woah, it's clean!" He said in surprise, as he looked back at me with shock on his face. "I, uh, cleaned up a few places before so-"

He chuckled, and looked out the window. His face seemed like it was looking for something. "Sorry if I didn't help you out with cleaning." He said, looking back at me as he smiled, but he had a worried look on his eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Hey, you alright-" Before I could finish, blood was drenching the floor.

And it wasn't mine. My eyes widened.
"S-South.." I mumbled to myself, before I rushed to his side, checking his wound. It was a bullet wound. It shot him from the window. I put pressure on his wound, while looking around the room for something sharp I can cut myself with.

He might die.

He might die.

"I-I do-don't wanna d-die.." South Korea said, before he gave me a smile. "P-Protect the o-others f-for me..if I-I do die.." He said, holding on tight to my hand. "South Korea, don't say that! Stop!" I said, worry growing in my voice. "I-I re-really don't w-wanna lea-leave..I wanna stay..with.." South Korea said, tears rolling down his face as he coughed up blood. Before he could finish, he...he stopped breathing. Tears started falling down my face.

Not again.

Not again.

"Not again."

end.