Chapter 13

"In third place we have... the cold and hot, two named... Todoroki Shoto!"

Todoroki dutifully held his head high, standing on the lowest place of the podium but satisfied, nonetheless.

He was handed a bronze medal by none other than All Might, Zeus. He could feel Endeavor's, Ares', angry gaze from here but he just took the medal with pride.

He had a new family due to this place.

"Second place we have... the surprisingly not so explosive, King by name... Bakugo Katsuki!"

Bakugo had his head low, not angry, but sad, almost empty.

He took the silver medal silently, All Might eliciting no reaction from the still King. 

He had an act to change up due to this place.

"And in first! The dark god! The powerful and intimidating! Midoriya Izuku!"

Midoriya had a neutral gaze, satisfaction in every crevice of his body but also a need to start the war.

The war against society.

And the first battle would start soon.

He received the gold medal with a small smile, catching the small glare sent his way by the big man himself, a small frown replacing the previous expression.

He would soon change that glare.

"A speech from the winner of the first year sports festival!"

Izuku took the mic from Midnight.

And so began the first battle. And he was determined to win it.

"Um, well, hi! I'm Midoriya Izuku as all of you know, and I have a message for society."

He took a deep breath before he began.

Time to make a stamp on society.

"How many of you thought I was villainous, still do, because of my name, Hades? Come on be honest, raise your hands."

Majority of the arena rose their hands. Some looked guilty while majority sent smug glares at him.

He just stared back.

"Alright, keep your hand up if you still think I'm villainous because I'm the god of the underworld."

Not many hands went down.

Izuku was unfazed.

"And who thinks I deserve this place, this place at school and first place in the sports festival."

All hands went down and only a few splatters of hands went up, as well as a lot of the general and support department as well as 1-B.

There were more people in the students than in the public.

"I have built myself up from nothing to get here. I have been knocked down my whole life because of something I couldn't control, a name. A name that is powerful but with dark connotations. I have been shoved down, beat, discouraged and even suicide baited because of one, measly, powerful name. All because people are afraid of me. They are afraid and blind, led by society to believe that something that I cannot control nor act like, is my true identity.

But I am not a villain. I am a hero. And I've proven that to you by winning this sports festival. I've proven that I can achieve my dreams with a dark name, a name I had despised for nine years. I have been broken, shattered, wrecked beyond healing. But I pushed through.

I am going to become a hero, no matter what comes in my way, because there are so many others like me.

Others beaten by society, all because of something we had no influence over.
This society is creating villains, all because you judge. You judge before you can find out what they are really like.

And I'm going to change that.

This is a message to everyone.

I know this will take time but a society that creates villains because they judge off of power, is not a good one. We need to stop judging because of names.

I am not a villain, nor will any of you calling me that change that fact, but it does change many.

I have almost tried to take my life because of everything this society did to me.

So many people have had the same experiences as me, and it's taking lives.

We cannot live this way.

Society has to change or it will collapse on itself.
The world must change.

And it starts now.

Stop judging from just names.

We are not villains, we are heroes.

The Lost Gods will prove that.

I am Hades, god of the underworld. I am a hero.

So be a hero too, and defy society.

Realise your mistakes, and change."

The silence following the end of his speech was deafening but soon, one man stood up, clapping.
People followed his example until over half of the audience was giving the dark god the standing ovation he deserved.

Izuku smiled at the response, eyeing the stubborn half.

He knew that this would've made it to everyone watching and he hoped that they received his message like those here.

He had won the first battle and started the war.

He looked up to see his guild in the stands.

He smiled when he saw the encouraging and victorious looks upon the three's faces.
His Viridian orbs met cold blue and grey but the soft smile combatted the usually blank eyes.

He had begun the war, and he had his soldiers.

He turned his gaze to the sky.

Their war against the world had begun.

And they weren't going to lose.

In a small bar in Shibuya, lights dim but warm, a cracked smile made its way onto a scarred face, blue-grey hair covering his face, a decayed hand in his grasp. An image of a boy with black and green hair, once again shining green eyes, appeared in the TV.
A victorious God.

"Wow little hero~ I'll enjoy watching you."

A/N: a shorter one because it just works better on its own.