Chapter 40: Vanitas

Author's Note: If you want the full experience, I recommend that you read this chapter on a laptop or computer. Trust me, you won't regret it...

****

"Without beginning or end, the ring stretches into the infinite..."

****

- Malvalon, The Valley of Death, Northern Tartarus -

- Underworld Realm -

- December 31st, 2021. 4:10 pm -

Words couldn't describe the feeling that Boss is going through. His wingman, his buddy, his best friend, had been killed before his very eyes. He knew that Katelyn will never be able to see him again. He couldn't bear to imagine how Katelyn would feel if he told her that James sacrificed his life to save him. It was already bearing down on him.

However, his emotions did a complete 180 when he spotted the Tie Silencer that committed the unthinkable. His terror turned to complete rage, his eyes turned from bright blue to blood red. He clenched his jaw muscles and snarled at the pilot that revealed himself to be the one that betrayed him last year.

Sora: [Evil Grin] "So, have you found a reason to fight yet? Your highness?"

Boss: [Growls] "Sora..."

After a year of missing, Sora returned. The fallen hero and the Prince of Disney were staring eye to eye. They both knew that only one of them was gonna get out of this alive.

****

Play this song as you read below... This is where we make our final stand, Guardians... It's time to end this once and for all...

****

Greg: "I'm detecting a massive amount of energy from another realm. Guardians, continue your mission. Engage." [Boss dodges the laser attack and Sora dodges a missile attack from Boss] "Stand by, we're analyzing the situation..."

Boss and Sora flew by each other. Boss's anger was through the roof of his canopy as the snow began to fall around them. They were dancing through the air in their starfighters.

Sora: [Looks around and grins] "Here comes the snow..."

Boss chased down Sora as he was doing everything in his power to shoot him down. Every twist and turn they make was pushing them to the limit. He was not gonna let Sora get away with what he did.

Greg: [Looks at the computer screen] "Shoot down the enemy. I'll run a fighter and realm analysis and fill you in ASAP!"

While Greg was looking through his data, Boss fired two missiles at Sora, only for him to dodge them with ease.

Sora: [Venomously] "Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible..." [Has a lock on Boss] "I bet you do too, buddy."

Boss looked up and noticed Sora firing the laser again only to miss him by a couple inches. Forcing him to break from the chase as Sora began to chase him down. Every twist and turn that Boss did, Sora would stick to him like a tick on a hound dog.