jealous~ luke x reggie x alex

(A/N: i'm gonna start doing requests if you guys have them! i really like this one so thank you @grassed23 for commenting it

(A/N: i'm gonna start doing requests if you guys have them! i really like this one so thank you @grassed23 for commenting it. i didn't proof read this... sorry in advance)

1980-90s sunset curve
jealous! luke
oblivious! alex
protective! luke
protective! reggie
anxious! alex (all the social anxiety/anxiety stuff in this fic is based on stuff i've done)
luke x alex x reggie

——————

alex- of the guys of sunset curve- was usually the one who could pick up on the most subtle hints, the smallest of pitch changes in someone's phrase, the smirks and eyebrow raises; but somehow whenever someone was flirting with him, alex would completely and utterly oblivious.

the first time it happened the band was in 6th grade. alex knew he should've found jessica lewis attractive, but he didn't, and when the shorter brunette from his 4th period math class bounded right up to him during lunch all he could do was sit beside luke and smile. jessica flipped her hair slightly, giggled a bit and smiled at alex and alex just sat there almost ignoring her but still holding conversation. eventually he said goodbye to jessica while she was in the middle of a giggle and the girl's expression fell as she marched off.

"dude!" luke cried out, slapping alex's shoulder.

"what?"

"bro, jessica lewis was flirting with you and you just ignored her?" reggie was slack jawed and wide eyed, "why did you ignore like... the prettiest girl in our grade?" alex noted the way reggie's voice raised in pitch slightly at the end of his sentence.

"well if she's so pretty, you talk to her," alex smirked and watched the tips of reggie's ears go pink and the boy crossed his arms and scrunched his nose. alex just sighed before getting back to the topic at hand, "besides, jessica wasn't flirting with me. and why would she flirt with me anyway?"

"jessica was definitely flirting with you alex, like 100 percent." luke just nudged the blond with his elbow as his best friend huffed and ran his hands through his hair.

"yeah dude she totally was. and like... who wouldn't flirt with you bro? you're a great drummer, you're super funny, and you got that whole 'cute smile and nice hair' thing going for you too."

alex just nodded with a smile and punched reggie's arm lightly from across the table.

~•~

the second time it happened the guys were sophmores and sunset curve had just officially been formed. the band was practicing in bobby's garage when bobby's neighbor practically hopped into the studio giggling.