last names ~ band chaos

(a/n: i started this right when the boy's last names were announced and literally just finished it- anyway i'm back to writing at 12:30 am again, so if you see another chapter from me tonight...)

kinda juke? but not really
swearing
just the band being silly ig
435 words

"PATTERSON, PETERS, MERCER! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!" julie yelled as she slammed the garage doors open.

"woah, molina, chill," luke responded, rubbing his eyes as he sat up on the couch. "what happened?"

"last night when i went inside and talked to carlos he told me he knew about you guys..." julie looked between her three bandmates, all sitting around in the studio.

"oh! yesterday after you left he came in and called us a boy band! ow!" reggie shouted the last bit when luke back handed his shoulder like he usually did to alex.

"i have no idea what could've happened julie," luke replied as he stepped in front of reggie, "maybe he found our demo or something?"

julie quirked an eyebrow at luke and then turned to alex. "what did they do?"

reggie and luke both gave alex a look. reggie's screamed "please, please, don't tell julie" and luke's face said "if you get reggie in trouble i'll get in trouble and then i have to fight both of you".

alex looked at his friends and then to julie, "i uh... they... fuck... ok i'll tell you, but you can't yell at reggie for it-"

"... ok... i won't. what did they do?"

"reggie wanted to prove to carlos and your tia that ghosts are real, because 'no one believes kids', so he messed with the lights and blinds and then threw a sheet over himself."

all three boys just stood there, a little scared of what the lifer might do, while julie gasped slightly and then started cackling.

"you pulled a sheet over yourself! reggie that's the most classic fake ghost thing you could ever do!" julie wheezed her way through her sentences and clutched her side and held a hand over her eyes while she laughed.

"wait... you're not mad at me?" reggie all but whispered.

"no! well.. yes a little bit, but if anything you made it easier to explain to carlos that you guys exist! and it was a really funny way of 'haunting' him and tia."

the three boys turned to each other and then also started laughing. julie was right, even if it wasn't funny to luke and alex in the moment, reggie's haunting shenanigans were pretty funny. julie joined in on the raging laughter and eventually the four could barely breathe, even if the three ghosts didn't necessarily have to.

"ok well... since i'm out here, do you guys wanna practice?"

the three ghosts replied with a "yes!" "absolutely" and "why not" and poofed over to their instruments, picking up rehearsal on their newest song.